News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi folks,

I recently bought this WP and I'm having some problems to understand a few writings. I hope you can help me out with this...

Firstly, I would like to know what is the last unit he joined.

Douglas:

I am not sure about it ( I read only Feld...Gefechts Abteilung 14/Stab) or Feld... Combat Detachment 14/Staff

Here I would like to know what are the two trainings (after the weapons training) listed on page 20 and what is the meaning of the writing on page 21.

page 20: to be employed firstly as rifleman;, secondly as light machine gunner;

page 21: from 5.June to 6.June 44 Horse Gas Course. ( I understand this to have been a gas protection course for horses)

Bernhard H. holst

Last one: the medical entries... what happened to him?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Douglas

Hello Douglas:

1.Sep. 44 Beurteilung der Kriegsbrauchbarkeit.

Urteil: K.V. ( kriegsverwendbar )

or (Medical examination) evaluation of frontline service fitness. result: fit for frontline service

Bernhard H. Holst

Can you please show us the rest of the book? Is there a photograph of the man? What was his rank? Any awards?

Hi Paul,

No awards at all. I can post a picture of him and other pages of his WP later.

Greetings,

Douglas

One entry seems to read Feld-Straf.-Gef.-Abt., which I presume means that he served with a penal unit.

Whether he had been convicted of some sort of crime or serving on the staff of the unit doesn't seem clear.

Hello:

I must agree with David upon applying his reading of the entry. I believe these units to have been the most severe assignments as punishment then in existence . But as David mentioned we do not know whether he belonged to the cadre or as member/inmate (?).

Bernhard H. Holst

Hello,

Once more, thanks for all your comments about this Wehrpass.

As I had promised, I'm going to post the all remaining pages of this book that have any kind of information.

Hope it elps you all to have a better understanding of this soldier's career.

Greetings,

Douglas.