News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What have you in the drawer that's rare?

This is probably the rarest thing I've got. 1914 Mecklenburg-Strelitz war cross second class. So what ? I hear you say, This one is has the 'FUR TAPFERKEIT' inscription on reverse as opposed to the more common ' TAPFER UND TREU ' . There were 36 of this type struck in solid silver by Godet (25 issued) to royal family members and such only. This one is unissued ,I guess from the 11 over stock remaining . Still has most on its clear lacquer remaining which has yellowed so giving an appearance of silvered brass but is in fact solid silver .Ring marked ' G '. Quality of detail is very high and better than standard types. Ferg1.

004-5.jpg

005-6.jpg

An awesome piece! love.giflove.gif Many thanks for sharing it!jumping.gif This is what we need to so... so come on folks... dig deep in those drawers and cubbyholes and lets start a fire under this thread. I just know there have to be tons of rare goodies out there in our collections that deserve to be posted here.beer.gif

Dancheers.gif

Hallo

Hier mal mein bestes Stück, mit Nur 5 Verleihungen, extrem Selten.

Hessen-Darmstadt

Ludwigs-Orden Ehrenkreuz

Sorry mein Englisch ist so gut Nicht.

Gruss

Rudi

An odd kind of decoration for black officers in German colonial service. Produced were 33 in the Berliner Münze (1895 - 3; 1898 - 5; 1917 - 25). Only 3 awards are documented.

Regards, Komtur.

Here's an unusual form of the Militar-Ehrenzeichen 1st class, actually less awards than the Militar-Verdienskreuz. This one seems to be a privately purchased example. Made from what appears to be a glatte arm red eagle order 4th class with seperate medallions. Ribbon ring is marked with three different MMs ! Ferg1

002-4.jpg

004-3.jpg

An odd kind of decoration for black officers in German colonial service. Produced were 33 in the Berliner Münze (1895 - 3; 1898 - 5; 1917 - 25). Only 3 awards are documented.

Wow. :speechless1: This is realy rare. I think this would be realy hard to bit. Outstanding.

Regards Alex

I can't belive that a producer like JUNCKER didn't have the Luftschiffer badge in his sortiment. But i didn't seen one that came from a secure source. No one group with a JUNCKER badge. So i don't know how it looks. I only prefer Meybauer or Godet badges.

Regards Alex

Auf Hauptman Wunsch aus dem EK-Forum - von 1870 Cross ist nicht selten, aber der Fall, ist sehr schwer zu finden:

[Attachment = 193495: Cased70a.JPG]

[/ Quote]

Hallo Ferg1

Wie machst Du das mit Deinen Bildern ???

Ich kann nur kleine Bilder einstellen,

warum darf man keine groesseren Bilder einstellen ==

Gruss

Rudi