News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What have you in the drawer that's rare?

One of my favourite medal bars in my collection....not "rare" i hear you say?cheeky.gif Look closer...the Austrian Anschluss Medal is a rare varient. It is slightly bigger than the standard Annexation medals and is also magnetic!jumping.gif

Pierce

Great items, people. Now, can someone tell me what the correct ribbon actually is for the Messina Medal?

Having investigated this medal myself just recently (see this GMIC thread: Earthquake medal), I believe the ribbon on the bar is the correct one for the Commemorative Medal.

Here is an interesting page (in Italian) about the earthquake and the medals related to it: Link

/Michael

Edited by Great Dane

Medals, documents etc to Cornelis Hendrikus Beekes, servant to the Dutch Queen Mother Emma van Waldeck-Pyrmont

2hrk1ar.jpg

Netherlands - Medal for the Silver Wedding of 1926 (only 755 awarded)

For the wedding of Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands with Prince Hendrik van Mecklenburg-Schwerin

Waldeck-Pyrmont - Silver medal of Merit

Given by Furst Frederik Adolf Herman van Waldeck-Pyrmont, brother of the Queen Mother

Arolsen 2-6-1911

Luxembourg - Silver medal for Civil and Military Merit Adolp van Nassau

Januari 1914 during a visit of the Grandduchess

Belgium - Bronze medal for servants of foreign courts

Given by King leopold II during a state visit in november 1938

I think that this group is rare and unique!

In my collection, I have these 2 items :

- Anna Luise Verdienstzeichen, of Schwarzburg, only 215 awarded, between july and november 1918.

- Friedrich-Bathildis medal, of Waldeck & Pyrmont, with only 375 awards...

:cheers:

All the way from 1815 to you...not mint....no enamel....but nice just the same!

cheers Jas

Enamel's nice an' all that, but an almost 200 year old ribbon is superb :love: