News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What have you in the drawer that's rare?

Robin, could you post some more scans of your :love: goblet? Maybe it's the Grateful Dead connection, but I've got a thing for skulls too. :rock on:

Tom.

I'll be able to post more pix of the goblet next week. It's engraved from fellow officers to a Rittmeister of the 1st Leibhusaren, so I'm hoping someone here will be able to give me his background details.

In the meantime, here's one of my other 'skull' awards......just for you.

Just amazing the quality of this piece, Joe... congrats! :beer: These are really rare to find. I remember to have seen one on Iron Time book of S. Previtera.

I am still looking to add such a cross to my own collection. :(:P

Ciao,

Claudio

Guest Brian von Etzel

I would guess post-depression when I would hazard a guess most of the frack bars and minis came from. Retired vets getting checks that actually bought product.

Here's a goblet that the gang from Aerodrome will be familiar with, where the write-up is still posted.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Since then, I've picked up the monograph written by Bormeister, the German historian who "rediscovered" the Thor Becher. Pictured is the Dunaburg goblet to Jockers.

IPB Image

Hi Andreas,

Is your star to a grand cross or commander? Either way, a superb piece indeed.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

It is to the commander. The star is made by Quellhorst (Hausinger successor in 1850), who stoped producing by 1880. A really fine example of on of the earlier stars.

Edited by medalnet