Jump to content

Distinction Badges of the HUPR Military


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Gordon Craig said:

nickstrenk,

Thanks for adding your Hungarian badges.  Too bad that we have lost the badges posted by cimbineus.  He has an especially good collection.

Regards,

Gordon

 

I was looking for nearly 5 hours to get some information about the Order of Flag,but I could not find any info,help me,please.

of.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi nickstrenk,

Thank you for your interest in Hungarian orders, medals and badges.

As Gordon said, unfortunately we have lost many of our previous pictures. From now I'll try to post those pictures again, step by step.

I think, there is a little confision with the Order of Banner. You mention it, but attached a picture of the Bronze Sports Merit Medal.

Here are some examples of the Order of Banner fromm different periods of its existence. (1957-1992)5a5b96f1c23ce_mnk-4-5-egyben-800gents.thumb.jpg.62ee6692b64275673c09b0d986392971.jpg

5a5b96ee79c8e_babIVegybengents.thumb.jpg.2ec21105be7e8d22d867811807760f5a.jpg

baberos-szett-dobozban.jpg.9da01c7c240879a23c3fb5ef1213bd47.jpg

5a5b974152943_rubinos-szembol-800gents.thumb.jpg.c909e40436b1f2684c47e8a1a6a50312.jpg

Regards,

cimbineus

 

 

 

 

Edited by cimbineus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

nickstrenk,

Sorry if I confused you with my terms on my reference to the Order of the Flag.  In Hungarian it is actually "A Magyar Népköztársaság Zászlórendjének which my translation to English says "Flag of the Hungarian People's Republic".  Cimbineus has posted some excellent pictures of the various classes of the order.  Keep up the good posts!

Regards,

Gordon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cimbineus said:

Hi nickstrenk,

Thank you for your interest in Hungarian orders, medals and badges.

As Gordon said, unfortunately we have lost many of our previous pictures. From now I'll try to post those pictures again, step by step.

I think, there is a little confision with the Order of Banner. You mention it, but attached a picture of the Bronze Sports Merit Medal.

Here are some examples of the Order of Banner fromm different periods of its existence. (1957-1992)5a5b96f1c23ce_mnk-4-5-egyben-800gents.thumb.jpg.62ee6692b64275673c09b0d986392971.jpg

5a5b96ee79c8e_babIVegybengents.thumb.jpg.2ec21105be7e8d22d867811807760f5a.jpg

baberos-szett-dobozban.jpg.9da01c7c240879a23c3fb5ef1213bd47.jpg

5a5b974152943_rubinos-szembol-800gents.thumb.jpg.c909e40436b1f2684c47e8a1a6a50312.jpg

Regards,

cimbineus

 

 

 

 

Thanks,but the order you showed it is very familar to me.Is it possible to write me tne name of this award?Is it an interesting item?Thanks a lot.

of.thumb.JPG.9ad450e0102a67bd56d8e4234df9bc17.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, nickstrenk said:

I know the Order of the Flag very well.I had some pieces a long time ago.

I will ask about this award.Is it a Police Medal earlier type?

of.thumb.JPG.9ad450e0102a67bd56d8e4234df9bc17.JPG.67fdd149f0dfc68cd54250961a71f55e.JPG

Hi,

I told you earlier, this is the Sports Merit Medal of the HPR.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, cimbineus said:

Hi,

I told you earlier, this is the Sports Merit Medal of the HPR.

Thanks,sure,I was absent-minded.Who was awarded?Sportsmen for good results in international competions?Is it like the badge Majster športu,Мастер спорта in other socialist countries?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, nickstrenk said:

Thanks,sure,I was absent-minded.Who was awarded?Sportsmen for good results in international competions?Is it like the badge Majster športu,Мастер спорта in other socialist countries?

Hi nickstrenk,

No problem. Thanks for your questions.

We also had the same system of "Excellent" and "Outstanding" badges. In sports too. The main difference is that the Sports Merit Medal was awarded on governmental level, but the badges mentioned, on ministerial level.

"Kiváló" - "Excellent"-" Отличный"
"Érdemes" - "Outstanding" - "Заслуженный"

1st type5a5cdd8489ea7_kiverdsport1tip.jpg.a638342bf6fd976882b3926c48f147d4.jpg

2nd type

5a5cdd9dc6e9f_kiverdsport2tip.jpg.bc85f7868ba7c97822ee11dbb573a7dc.jpg

3rd type

5a5cddb07905a_kiverdsport3tip.jpg.f1952a26631794c6b35fbf71cec3fa8c.jpg

Regards,

cimbineus

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, cimbineus said:

Hi nickstrenk,

No problem. Thanks for your questions.

We also had the same system of "Excellent" and "Outstanding" badges. In sports too. The main difference is that the Sports Merit Medal was awarded on governmental level, but the badges mentioned, on ministerial level.

"Kiváló" - "Excellent"-" Отличный"
"Érdemes" - "Outstanding" - "Заслуженный"

1st type5a5cdd8489ea7_kiverdsport1tip.jpg.a638342bf6fd976882b3926c48f147d4.jpg

2nd type

5a5cdd9dc6e9f_kiverdsport2tip.jpg.bc85f7868ba7c97822ee11dbb573a7dc.jpg

3rd type

5a5cddb07905a_kiverdsport3tip.jpg.f1952a26631794c6b35fbf71cec3fa8c.jpg

Regards,

cimbineus

Hi,I have admit ,it is a news for me.I can see these badges for the first time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


  • Blog Comments

    • Two years down the line.   My mother-in-law passed away this summer, as did one of her sisters-in-law.   My exhibition opened, and we had a marvellous speakers' night with four Peacekeeping veterans, including a Meritorious Service Medal winner.  But Covid closed it down in March 2020, and while still there it hasn't reopened.
    • Sounds great other than the Orange & Mango squash only because I prefer cran-pomegranate juice.
    • "(...) disgusting herbal concoction (...)" I took note of this description, to enrich my otherwise limited, English "Wortschatz"...
    • At work the standard indian tea such as PG tips is referred to as chimp tea. This goes back to the days when we had a Spanish girl working for us whose command of the English language was extremely limited. One lunch she said she was going to the shop could she get anything. I asked if she could get a pack of tea bags. She returned with some disgusting herbal concoction. I tried to explain what was required but without success. I then remembered PG tips had a picture of a chimpanzee on the packe
    • When I read Lapsang Souchong i decided to post something about these Tea . Many years ago I dont  know about Lapsang until I read James Michener book Centennial and the description of the savour of the Lapasang as a mix of tar and salt & smoked made me proof . It was exact ! and i liked it since then .
×
×
  • Create New...