News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help with spanish medal

Snoopy

Hello

I have had this medal in a drawer for a few years now. I bought it at a antiques market, because it was cheap. :rolleyes: I know nothing about spanish medals, and I would like to know if you think it is an original, or a reproduction. If it is original, I would very much like to know, if germans allso got this type of victory medal. I would really apreciate your opinions on this one.

Snoopy

This is a electronic translation of my archive of spanish medals

Propagandistic medal of Social Aid of the Feminine Section

References. Calv? n? 285; Guerra n? 886

Call of 11 of May of 1939 (BOE of the 12). In order to award a sketch of commemorative medal of the Day of the Glorious National Rise.

Fisrt.-Se opens an call to award to the best sketch of commemorative medal of the day of the Glorious Rise and that will be used day 18 of July of the present year. Second.-The obverse of the medal will show an allegory of the date that is commemorated. Reverse of the medal free initiative of the offerer has left. Third.-Se will give to the author of the best sketch a prize in metalist by value of ten thousand pesetas (10000 pesetas). The prize will be able to be divided in two of five thousands (5000 pesetas) in the case of being awarded an obverse and reverse of medal made by different authors. Fourth.-The call will be failed by a jury who opportunely will designate itself. Fifth.-Which they aspire to the prize will have to present their works in the offices of the National Service of Propagand, in Burgos, before the twelve at night of the day first of next June. Sixth.-The rights of reproduction and awarded operation of the work or works will happen to the State.

Call of 22 of May of 1939 (Gazette number 143, of the 23). For the construction, distribution and sale of the Commemorative Medal of the Rise.

By the National Service of Propaganda the construction removes to public aid, distribution and sale of the commemorative medal of the 18 of 1936 July, date of the Glorious Rise, in accordance with the following bases: First.-The construction of the medals will have to adjust to the sketch that is awarded in the aid opened to the effect by this Service and announced in the Government reporter of the State of date 12 of the currents. This sketch will be given to the awardee of the present aid before day 12 of next June. Second.-Will construct at least two series of medals: one in silver and another one in material of reduced cost more. Third.-La construction, distribution and sale of the medals will not be able to be adjudged separately, reason why the proposals will have to jointly include the three indicated operations. Fourth.-The medals will have to be puttings on sale to the public day 18 of 1939 July. Villa the offerers will accompany to their proposals a medal already made, according to a design anyone, that will serve as sample. The awardee commits itself to that those that make they are not of inferior quality to this model. Sixth. - The proposals will include the following ends:

a) Number of medals of each series that the offerer commits itself to construct and to distribute.

b) Class of material to use in its construction.

c) Sale price in each series.

d) Percentage to perceive by the offerer, globally by construction, distribution and sale.

Seventh.-Of each series it will be given, gratuitously, to the National Service of Propaganda, at least, 1% of the made medals.

Eitgh.-The proposals, directed to the Head of the National Service of Propaganda, will have to appear in sheet closed in the General Secretariat of this Service in Towns (Palace of the Hearing), before the 14 hours of day 2 of next June. To each proposal it will be accompanied in addition to the sample to that the base talks about fifth, the defense acreditativo of to have made a temporary depot of five thousand pesetas to disposition of the Headquarters of the Service, or in the General Box of Deposits or its branches; well in the Box of the General Administration of the National Services of Press and Propaganda. Nineth.-The aid will be failed in the form anticipated for the concessions that suppose exclusive right of operation in the order of the Ministry of the Interior of 27 of last April, on control of emblems, standards, et cetera....

Propagandistic medal instituted by Social Aid to collect bottoms for the maintenance of the dining rooms in Civil War 1936-1939 and after her. It exists in three categories, gold (rarest), silver (rare) and bronze (it frequents). It is of bronze, of 33 millimeters of suspended diameter and of a golden metal pin, that in its interior takes a tape with the national flags. She was granted to that they contributed with some money to the support of this work of the Feminine Spanish phalange Section. She was well-known like Medal of the "Rise and Victory".

Also please see http://www.coleccionesmilitares.com/medall...xto/falange.htm

Regards

Hello

I have had this medal in a drawer for a few years now. I bought it at a antiques market, because it was cheap. :rolleyes: I know nothing about spanish medals, and I would like to know if you think it is an original, or a reproduction. If it is original, I would very much like to know, if germans allso got this type of victory medal. I would really apreciate your opinions on this one.

Snoopy

More exactly the obverse read. "july 18 th 1936, Upraising" and the reverse. "April 1, 1939 victory"; The dates from the beginning of the spanish civil war and of his end... I think is a real medal, but not a rare item, in bronze...

regards :cheers:

Miguel