News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I'm a big fan of Dutch awars. A Lot of Dutch awards where given to German persons because of the close relationships between the various states and monarchs. Does anyone have photo's of medalbars with Dutch awards?

I will show a few I found online:

EK II. Klasse, 1914

K?niglicher Hausorden von Hohenzollern, Ridder met zwaarden

Roter Adler Orden 4. Klasse

Offiziersdienstauszeichnungskreuz f?r 25 Jahre

Deutsches Reich, China-Denkm?nze f?r Nichtk?mpfer

Centenarmedaille

Sachsen-Meiningen,Ehrenzeichen f?r Verdienste im Kriege 1915 ? 1918

Schaumburg-Lippe, Hausorden, Kreuz 4. Klasse

Niederlande, Orden von Oranien-Nassau, Ritterkreuz mit Schwertern

?sterreich, Milit?rverdienstkreuz 3. Klasse

former George Seymour collection

4m36u5c.jpg

Preu?en, Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, 1914

Roter-Adler-Orden 4. Klasse

Kronenorden 3. Klasse,

Offiziersdienstauszeichnungskreuz f?r 25 Jahre

Centenarmedaille

K?nigreich Sachsen, Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1915 ? 1918

Mecklenburg-Schwerin, Milit?rverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse, 1914

Oldenburg, Friedrich-August-Kreuz 2. Klasse, 1914

Haus- und Verdienstorden von Herzog Peter Friedrich Ludwig, Ritterkreuz 2. Klasse mit Krone;

Mecklenburg-Schwerin, Greifen-Orden, Ritterkreuz mit Krone

Anhalt, Friedrichskreuz, 1914;

Schaumburg-Lippe, Kreuz f?r Treue Dienste, 1914 ? 1918

?sterreich, Milit?rverdienstkreuz 3. Klasse mit KD

Niederlande, Hausorden von Oranien Nassau, Ritterkreuz mit Schwertern

Hochzeitsmedaille, 1901

6aqqly1.jpg

Sold by Carsten Zeige

Herzogs Hermann Bernhard Georg von Sachsen ? Weimar ? Eisenach, w?rttembergischer General der Kavallerie

5xpw9ch.jpg

Preu?en: EK 2. Klasse 1870 mit Eichenblattspange ?25?; Niederlande: Milit?r-Wilhelms-Orden, Kreuz 3. Klasse, Gold und Emaille; Preu?en: KDM 1870/1871 f?r K?mpfer mit 2 Gefechtsspangen: Villiers und Paris; W?rttemberg: Offiziersdienstauszeichnungskreuz f?r 25 Jahre, K?nig Karl; Olga-Orden, Silber, teilweise Gold; Silberne Karl-Olga-Medaille;

Goldene Regierungs-Jubil?umsmedaille zum 25j?hrigen Regierungsjubil?um K?nig Karls, 1889, Gold; Preu?en: Goldene Hochzeitsmedaille 1. Klasse, 1879; Centenarmedaille; Rot-

Kreuz-Medaille 3. Klasse; Bayern: Sanit?ts-Verdienstkreuz 1870/1871; Sachsen-Weimar: Goldene Jubil?umsmedaille zur Erinnerung an die Goldene Hochzeit, 1892, Silber-vergoldet;

Ehrenzeichen f?r R?hmliche T?tigkeiten 1870/1871; Hessen ? Darmstadt: Milit?r- Sanit?tskreuz 1870/1871; Schaumburg-Lippe: Milit?rverdienstmedaille.

Guest Rick Research

I will PM you with identities of the "anonymous" bars because understand that I will not present free value adding research to totally unknown third parties who may have these bars now or be selling them without this information. :beer:

What the first group brings up is we can now attribute ZINK SMKs to an award date as early as 9 July 1917. Previously the only other ex-George Seymour groups I could recall had zinky SMKs from June 1918. :cheers:

• 7 years later...

Sorry i have nothing to add but i've enjoyed viewing the medal bars. 

Would it be more likely to see Prussian Officers with Dutch awards due to proximate, or did any of the other state militarize have a special relationship with the Dutch King?

Cheers,

Chuck 

Sorry i have nothing to add but i've enjoyed viewing the medal bars. 

Would it be more likely to see Prussian Officers with Dutch awards due to proximate, or did any of the other state militarize have a special relationship with the Dutch King?

Cheers,

Chuck 

That would be Mecklenburg -Schwerin.  Duke Henry married Queen Wilhelmina which is why you see lots of Dutch orders and medals worn by Mecklenburg citizens and to a lesser extent Waldeck-Pyrmont.