News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Wow!! This is a top shelf piece! Maybe one day a roster will come out so it can be determined who the medal was awarded to.

Thanks for the nice comments folks.The case is in the same fine condition.If i told you how i came by this award you wold not beleive me.

Go on try us.

O.K. Hear we go folks,i was wandering around a car boot sale in west wales,where i sometimes visit.There was a man there selling mostly cap badges and british army bits and pieces.I went to his stall to take a look and lo and behold i see 2 german awards.One was a iron cross 2nd class and the other was the cased blood order.Not knowing much about blood orders,i casually enquired what it was and asked for a look at it.He explained the history to me and then i remembered i had seen one in angolia,s book.To cut a long story short it felt good in the hand,and i liked the feeling of it.He wanted 85 pound for it,not being too sure i walked away and came back 5 mins. later.I got it down to 65pounds,and although reluctant to sell decided to let me have it.I sent it to an old ass.of mine Colin Brown who declared it was a good one.I was really delighted to find out about it.It is the lucky find in my life.Glad you were interested what a dream.

best regards Mike.

O.K. Hear we go folks,i was wandering around a car boot sale in west wales,where i sometimes visit.There was a man there selling mostly cap badges and british army bits and pieces.I went to his stall to take a look and lo and behold i see 2 german awards.One was a iron cross 2nd class and the other was the cased blood order.Not knowing much about blood orders,i casually enquired what it was and asked for a look at it.He explained the history to me and then i remembered i had seen one in angolia,s book.To cut a long story short it felt good in the hand,and i liked the feeling of it.He wanted 85 pound for it,not being too sure i walked away and came back 5 mins. later.I got it down to 65pounds,and although reluctant to sell decided to let me have it.I sent it to an old ass.of mine Colin Brown who declared it was a good one.I was really delighted to find out about it.It is the lucky find in my life.Glad you were interested what a dream.

best regards Mike.

WOW!! That gives me hope in finding that Fj helmet for 20 dollars at a yard sale!!

best regards Mike.

What a great buy.

Colin Brown............there's a blast from the past. I well remember the good old 'Military Endeavours' catalogues!

• 1 month later...

Tremendous find! I've had my share of luck over the years but never found a Blood Order out of the proverbial woodwork. I would say you're also very lucky that it was still there when you returned--usually you get only one chance at a deal like this! Would it be possible for you to post a close up photo of the reverse word 'Ihr' showing the rays? Both the type 1 and type 2 have a ray touching the base of the H, but this doesn't appear to in the photos posted. There were at least 2 and possibly 3 producers of the type 2 it's thought, with some very minute detail differences. The examples made by the possible 3rd producer don't seem to display some of the accepted earmarks of the other 2.

Erich

Edited by Erich

Tremendous find! I've had my share of luck over the years but never found a Blood Order out of the proverbial woodwork. I would say you're also very lucky that it was still there when you returned--usually you get only one chance at a deal like this! Would it be possible for you to post a close up photo of the reverse word 'Ihr' showing the rays? Both the type 1 and type 2 have a ray touching the base of the H, but this doesn't appear to in the photos posted. There were at least 2 and possibly 3 producers of the type 2 it's thought, with some very minute detail differences. The examples made by the possible 3rd producer don't seem to display some of the accepted earmarks of the other 2.

Erich

Hi. Erich.This is about the best i can do with my camera.I think the line goes about 1 m.m. short of H.but i don,t know if there could be slight surface wear,but i doubt it. Regards Mike.

best regards Mike.

The stuff of dreams, how amazing is that, well done :-)

Michael, Yours is a textbook example. In the very late medals from the 3800-4000 range it is where I have seen the very small differences that Erich talks about like the line not almost touching the H.

In all the 1st pattern and 2nd patterns under 3500 the details seem to be the same IMO.

Michael, Yours is a textbook example. In the very late medals from the 3800-4000 range it is where I have seen the very small differences that Erich talks about like the line not almost touching the H.

In all the 1st pattern and 2nd patterns under 3500 the details seem to be the same IMO.

Thanks for your comments Eric,i keep learning.Regards Mike.

Erich, I agree with you--The 1st patterns are identical, 2nd patterns though may differ slightly as there were initially at least 2 sets of dies prior to the introduction of the late set (let's say type 2a (like type 1), 2b (very much like type 1 but w/o flaw), 2c (the late type - ray doesn't touch H). I have seen a late type that had an impossibly high number so there was a problem with that one, and raised doubts. I've only seen 3 or 4 examples of these 2c types, and never with a well documented history, but they appear to be a legitimate variant.

Erich