News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgaria - Order for People's Liberty 2nd class

So, if I read you correctly, you think that this is a "put together" group?

Can you tell us more about why there was a screw on the reverse of that year's (1969) Orders?

What are the differences by years?

Lastly, have you seen Riemers' book on Bulgarian badges?

Yes I thinks that this order, document and box is a "put together" group

Anatoly 13 already answer this. I mean 2-d type with a little screw on reverse

During the years the award system of Bulgaria and the quality of awards changes a lot. In the beginning of Communist period orders were very good in quality, some of them were types with a screw back reverse (like Peoples Freedom order), than it was changed in new type, also good in quality with hot enameled, heavy metal and heavy suspensions. In the middle of 70-th new types appeared, not so good in producing quality ? not using screws, some times poor enameled, thin and light suspensions. In the beginning-middle of 80-th the Bulgarian awards, especially orders become terrible ? cold enameled, some time lack, terrible way of production, small suspensions. On my opinion the awards of this period is difficult to called official government awards. This situation was typical for all orders of communist Bolgaria.

Yes I have this book. Very interesting research of Bulgarian communist and some time tsarist badges, with interesting historical comments.

Edited by bolgarin

• 1 month later...
    • Replies 91
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

And a Type 4: Looks to be cold enamel, very thin, almost paint-like but still with some thickness and translucentness. Note the "waffle" appearance to this type as opposed to the "pebble-grain" back of the type 3.

OK, I've sorted this out. The Type 4 OPL2 came as part of a group to Vulcho Dimov. It was awarded 15 June, 1981.

The group also came with a 9th September 3, ns from 1974 and 2 Jubilee Medals. Safe to assume other Jubilees have disappeared as seller had broken the group. :violent:

Yes, compared to the earlier enamel pieces this last type is rather a joke. But in this condition, basicly very rarely worn and undamaged... well. I am happy to have an awarded example of this variation. One thisg is for sure.... it is not the quality of the screwback variation!

Hi.

I?dont have documented one. But?i?know?for?sure?that?such?pieces?can?be?awarded?only?in?80-th.?I?think?that?the?quantity?was?not?very?much.?Also?i?know?for?sure?(after some additional consults with my collegues from Bulgaria)?that?in?such?quality?were?produced?only?2?class?of?this?order.......

• 10 months later...