News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

So.... you want to buy a MOH in Europe, eh?

Stogieman

That is a cast fake. But since you can't get even an unissued one here, I would have bought it to fill the spot in a project I'm doing. Why can't they just sell unissued versions with REPLICA stamped in the back?

That is a cast fake. But since you can't get even an unissued one here, I would have bought it to fill the spot in a project I'm doing. Why can't they just sell unissued versions with REPLICA stamped in the back?

Why can't the US just allow the sale of the real thing, rather than forcing them overseas?

But, then, I have tried that argument on the OMSA leadership . . . Plop. :banger:

Hallo Gents, :beer:

I was standing next to this example yesterday, 18th March 2008 :o

M.O.H. 1904 Model, Romanian Military Museum.

Not possible to "touchy - touchy - feely - feely" though :(

Awarded in May 17th, 1923 on behalf of:

The President of the USA and the American Congress, by a

Representative of the U.S.A. and American Military Attache in Bucharest.

to Commemorate the Romanian Unknown Soldier of World War 1.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

As I said... the quality is a little off. In all my years I have seen only one (1) that IMO was authentic. It was a Civil War piece and being sold on a German website of all places...... It was north of 5K if I recall correctly.

This one was just too funny to not point out to you guys!

:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

So what do you folks think of this one? I know this one is good.

Regards,

Jody

Darn tootin its good, no doubt about that. However, the neck suspension appears to be much earlier than the medal itself which appears to be Vietnam War era.

Are these some of the ones that "came out the back door" of HLP, Inc. 20 years ago? The U.S. Government was VERY upset when that happened. For a very short time, you could buy these at military shows for about $350, but then they disappeared.

Are these some of the ones that "came out the back door" of HLP, Inc. 20 years ago?

Hello Harrier,

Wished I knew ... and that is why I posted the pictures : hoping someone can tell me whether they are just copies or did indeed come from the then manufacturer.

Cheers,

Hendrik

Hello Harrier,

Wished I knew ... and that is why I posted the pictures : hoping someone can tell me whether they are just copies or did indeed come from the then manufacturer.

Cheers,

Hendrik

Hi Hendrik,

These do look like the ones that came out the back door. As a matter of fact they even used to sell them in groups of 3. I know several guys that own them.

Regards,

Jody

Hi Hendrik,

These do look like the ones that came out the back door. As a matter of fact they even used to sell them in groups of 3. I know several guys that own them.

Regards,

Jody

Jody is, I believe, correct and I also know several who bought sets. The three pictured here have a little age and wear on them now. Originally, the finish was totally matte. These are modern, but original, MOH's.

Best,

Harrier

just a quick question, do you know where its possible to locate a full size neck ribbon

for the WW1 MOH, its for a legitimate cause, as a replacement for a museum piece here in Romania.

Or who to approach to source one officialy.

just a quick question, do you know where its possible to locate a full size neck ribbon

for the WW1 MOH, its for a legitimate cause, as a replacement for a museum piece here in Romania.

Or who to approach to source one officialy.

I'd start with as formal a request to the US Military Attache at the Embassy as can be crafted.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

• 4 weeks later...