News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgarian Order of 9 September 1944

Guest Rick Research

• Replies 180
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

Canada Day here and after a "hunting trip" to the antiques mall I brought home a second class Bulgarian Order of 9 September 1944 that I wanted to show. There is something about enamelled medals and orders that intrigues me.

Cheers :cheers:

Brian

Here's the reverse. I noticed others posted on the forum have attachment rivets on the reverse where this one has none. I would guess that mine was made in one piece rather than assembled, though the round portion looks it be affixed to the star. What are the opinions of the members?

Cheers :cheers:

Brian

• 1 month later...
    • 4 months later...

Gentlmen,

This is not my usual scope of interest but I have been offered for sale here in Riyadh a 1st Class Civil - a quality white enameled piece (both sides) in its red box. From viewing this string of correspondence I suspect this is from the early/mid-1960s awarded to a Saudi diplomat - indeed some of the Arabic awards also for sale indicate this period. It is an attractive piece hence my interest - the price asked is SR2,400 or $640 - not cheap enough for me to go for it without consideration. I probably could negotiate a bit off for cash but is this a fair price? Venturing outside ones own field - Arabian awards - is always a wary exercise. Any comments would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Owain (OAMOTME - Orders and Medals of the Middle East)

Gentlmen,

This is not my usual scope of interest but I have been offered for sale here in Riyadh a 1st Class Civil - a quality white enameled piece (both sides) in its red box. From viewing this string of correspondence I suspect this is from the early/mid-1960s awarded to a Saudi diplomat - indeed some of the Arabic awards also for sale indicate this period. It is an attractive piece hence my interest - the price asked is SR2,400 or $640 - not cheap enough for me to go for it without consideration. I probably could negotiate a bit off for cash but is this a fair price? Venturing outside ones own field - Arabian awards - is always a wary exercise. Any comments would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Owain (OAMOTME - Orders and Medals of the Middle East)

Is this item with document? Is it possible to see scan of the item and document? This price is for the hole group or for the simply bulgarian order?

Dear Bolgarin,

No document and the price is for this piece alone. All other items - various orders are for sale separately - some damaged. It will not be possible to get an image but the piece is in good condition.

Regards,

Owain.

• 2 months later...