News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgarian Order of 9 September 1944

Guest Rick Research

The main problem is that to this moment there is many opinions about the first emission (with initials). Some collectors thaughts that it was only trial issues.

But i think that if the items with initials were awarded they shell goes in the same packets. But it concern only 2 and 3 classes. I never see such packets for the first neck ribbon classes.

• Replies 180
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick Research

Whoa whoa! Linguistic/translation police! PLEASE do not use "emission" that is completely incorrect English. "Type," OK. "Variety," "issue" any of those are fine. "Emission" is what comes out of the muffler of an automobile's tail pipe! :speechless1:

"1st type," "2nd type," 3rd type" would be MUCH better. :catjava:

Guest Rick Research

Yes Evil Ricky.... but our friends are using the WRONG word so let us not perpetuate the error.

"Emission" is not the correct English word.

I would really like to STOP this error before it appears in print. :rolleyes:

I agree with Rick. A poor English translation that is in common use in another country is no reason to perpetuate its use. I have made suggestions to change an English translation on the Yugoslav forum to a member writing a book, in English, and he was appreciative of the suggestion. I think the same thing should apply here.

Regards,

Gordon

• 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...

More clues! I am posting this pix and hopefully will have these pieces for deeper examination.... perhaps we have some more clues to the presence of this odd mark on the reverse of this one:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtop...st&p=265961

There seems to be more transitional elements than we originally thought....

Type 1a, Type 1b (screwbacks/neck orders)

Type 2(a), ribboned with screwback

**Type 2(b)(?) Riveted (??)

Type 2©, dimple back

Type 3, smooth back

Type 4, smaller suspension

(Going from memory here..., sorry for any ommissions)

Note the presence of what appears to be rivets in the center where the post/nut used to be!!!

More clues! I am posting this pix and hopefully will have these pieces for deeper examination.... perhaps we have some more clues to the presence of this odd mark on the reverse of this one:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtop...st&p=265961

There seems to be more transitional elements than we originally thought....

Type 1a, Type 1b (screwbacks/neck orders)

Type 2(a), ribboned with screwback

**Type 2(b)(?) Riveted (??)

Type 2?, dimple back

Type 3, smooth back

Type 4, smaller suspension

(Going from memory here..., sorry for any ommissions)

Note the presence of what appears to be rivets in the center where the post/nut used to be!!!

And sold for amazing 125 $ :speechless1: Did you get them Stogieman?

Why this record braking price for a 2nd and 3rd class 9 Sept, was it because of the nut conversion?

Well seems like the financial crisis is over :cheeky:

Christer

Edited by christerd

Yes I won, I was away and bid. Someone satr there and bid 40 times pushing me up up up...

This is why I HATE open bidding. This is why I snipe

Bottom line, I just snagged a variation I did not have and one more piece of the puzzle...

Hopefully they will actually arrive

Do you know where the piece went??

Thanks! Rick

no, I'm sorry. I put this into archives everal weeks ago... I try to establish a draft database about booklets serial numbers with the help of such pictures.