News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Know any Body this kind of sleeveband, vor me it?s interesting to hear if it is a fake or original, because it has only 12 threads and the most originals have 14 threads.

Most post-war copies have 12 threads.

What is your opinion ?

• 1 month later...

Looks like you've been waiting a long time to get an answer. This forum thus far has not impressed me very much --- it's rather slow and I only check it a couple times a week and just this area.

Anyway, the Adolf Hitler cuffband you have posted here is a reproduction. Just a glance at the black backing is enough to determine authenticity in this case. The six-strand borders reinforce this as well as the lettering embroidery. If you bought this, take it back and get a refund.

Bob

Looks like you've been waiting a long time to get an answer. This forum thus far has not impressed me very much --- it's rather slow and I only check it a couple times a week and just this area.

Anyway, the Adolf Hitler cuffband you have posted here is a reproduction. Just a glance at the black backing is enough to determine authenticity in this case. The six-strand borders reinforce this as well as the lettering embroidery. If you bought this, take it back and get a refund.

Bob

See Bob, you may be right here

This thread was spotted when posted but what is the added value for one to post if does'nt know the right answer? To have "Wooooo .....Ahhhhhh." all over, or "I know nothing but it looks good or bad"? Quantity Vs quality?

Anyway, many thanks for helping a collector and explaininging why it is a copy

This forum thus far has not impressed me very much --- it's rather slow and I only check it a couple times a week and just this area.

Bob

Hallo Bob, :cheers:

perhaps there are a few more, who do exactly what you do:

it's rather slow and I only check it a couple times a week

In general I find that requests for information are answered fairly quickly,

but as many members have full time jobs, and families, as well other areas of military interest,

then an odd thread gets missed out, after all we are only human.

Thanks for supplying the relevant information with regards the item.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Bob

Thanks for your help here.

I am sure that the reason for the lag on this thread is the lack of expertise in the area. I had rather a topic be quiet than be alive with false information. It is not because of the forum being slow. It seems that the majority of expertise, when it comes to TR organizational militaria, is in the area of the Luftwaffe.

I am glad to see someone experienced with SS military about! :cheers:

Paul,

I'm not an expert in SS stuff, but I have picked up a few pointers over the years from a very good friend, who is one of the premiere Waffen-SS collectors in the U.S. He has been a mentor to me in Third Reich militaria in general. I collect Wehrmacht, that is, Heer, Kriegsmarine, and Luftwaffe. Thus far I have three Luftwaffe, two Kriegsmarine and one Heer tunics. Not a big collection, but one of quality, as my mentor has taught me.

I'm new to this forum and went back through the old threads and found one that was a bit old but not answered. People who ask questions and don't get answers are liable not to return with another question. Hopefully WOODEYE will come back, see the answer, take appropriate action, and come back again.

Hope to help in the future.

Bob

And WOODEYE: You are correct about the borders having only 12 strands instead of 14; however, there were some early (1938-40) cuffbands that only had 12 strands, so that's not a primary reason for tossing it. If you find an original, compare the black band and you'll easily see the differences.

Edited by Sprocket

I'm new to this forum and went back through the old threads and found one that was a bit old but not answered. People who ask questions and don't get answers are liable not to return with another question.

First off, Welcome! :cheers:

I do agree with your point completely. I hope that you and Woodey do decide to stick around. You do seem to have more expertise when it comes to SS cuff titles than most here. :cheers:

Personally, I would love to see your Heer, KM, and especially your Luftwaffe tunics and bits. :beer:

Bob: I thank you for your execution.

I am active, actually, rather in the area of the air force, but because I search sleeve tape already quite a while for a SS and I have no especially good knowledge to me with SS to sleeve tapes. If I had it here sometimes posted.

As I had already written, I had the mentioned ones think with regard to the silver threads. There I am very carefully with sleeve tapes I have not bought it rather.

By the way, I must say I like it quite well with GMI, with the air force area I get fast an answer and try also fast to answers if I am able to do it.

Thank?s Bob !

Personally, I would love to see your Heer, KM, and especially your Luftwaffe tunics and bits.

Paul,

I put a picture of my Luftwaffe Oberleutnant of Flak tunic on the thread you have under the Luftwaffe, and my KM reefer jacket under the KM section.

Bob