News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Found on a Raid

Eric K.

Well this is'nt really militaria but it is political so I hope I'm not breaking any rules.

So heres the story:

We did a Raid on a Anti-coalition newspaper factory , it was abandonded so we began looking for the usual... weapons, propaganda etc.... I found a whole stack of hand drawn pictures that would eventually wind up in print in the newspaper so I "liberated" a couple ( and also the paper with the illustration) we burned everything in the factory so this is a one of a kind item....pretty cool I think.I brought back tons of Iraqi stuff but I look at as junk, which made me think how many G.I's in WW2 thought the same thing.

Moderators feel free to delete this if you think it violates the no-politics rule.

Eric

Edited by Eric K.

A great piece. i am not sure if the forum section is the right one, but it has a place on the forum

I would suggest... box up ALL your souvenirs... and look at them again in 20 years.

I stupidly traded away all my souvenirs for German stuff when I was still in the Army and the couple of years that followed.

Nowdays I would kill to get it all back.

Dont trade or give any of it away... today its junk... in 20 years you will want it for the den.

Guest Rick Research

I agree. The oddest and most unexpected things turn out to be what nobody "bothered" to save.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing:

Did you get any Posters of Saddam wearing his medals and Orders?

Thank you

SSG Luna, Lorenzo