News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi everybody,

I've this badge from about 20 years. It as some strange characteristics. Diameter 22 mm, compressed O instead large O. At back is marked M1/72 (Fritz Zimmermann Stuttgart) and RZM mark. No ring around the pinback. All the other M1/72 that I see have round O, rzm and the ring for soldering the pinback (but it possibly they're 24 mm).

Some collector says that is possibly fake, but quality is very high & convincing for me.

Thanks, Bruno

Hello Bruno I am looking at my 22mm. 72 right now. I also notce other diferences to the ones you already mentioned. The haken does not touch the inner ring and you seem to have a lazy M in RZM in reverse. I willscan now. Ciao Robert

PS Forgive the white on the overse at 6:00. A piece of dirt or something. Moderator please feel free to move reverses to reverse for easier comaprison.

As requested by Robert, as side by side comparison, the angle of Bruno's picture makes the shape a little odd. I've lighted the contrast on the obverse images to allow the words & letters to be seen better.

I wouldn't say the M is lazy, for this the legs have to be at more of an angle. Reverse wise there are diferences but not as noticable as the obverse. A similar font has been used for the M code which is a good sign, however as has been pointed out the obverse is far from as perscribed by the regulations for an RZM piece.

Cheers

Don

The only other Zimmermann badge with this style fonts that I have seen was a transitional badge circa 1934 that would also explain the free floating swastika that can be found on these earlier badges. All the other M1/72?s have had the regulation fonts and letter spacing prescribed by the RZM that were made after 1934 like the example provided Robert.

The only other Zimmermann badge with this style fonts that I have seen was a transitional badge circa 1934 that would also explain the free floating swastika that can be found on these earlier badges. All the other M1/72's have had the regulation fonts and letter spacing prescribed by the RZM that were made after 1934 like the example provided Robert.

Hi Jnoble,

do you thinkt that my badge is like that you talk about?

It has rzm marks?

Thanks, Bruno

James,

I wonder whether it is a "late" transitional piece? i.e. for once they got the reverse right (where we would usually see just RZM 72 on a transitional) but didn't get the obverse right..........

The distinctive M code looks OK for a 72