News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Igor,

did You buy the pic? Niiiiice one of probably a member of the Kings personnel staff in an NCO level. I have no idea about the uniform, I?m a medals guy...

- Prussian Hohenzollern Members cross, this is the highest peacetime award an NCO level guy could ever get, for a type close to the king it was easier

- Prussian General Honor award, normally given after about 25 years of service

- Prussian 1848-1850 Commemorative Medal, for all soldiers which did honorary serve in the revolutionary time 18148-1850

- Baden 1849 Commemorative Medal, the so-called "Brother murder medal", from Baden given out to the troops which broke down the revolution in Baden

- Russian St.Anne Medal, probably given in connection to a visit of the Czar in Germany

All in all a very nice decorated man!

Best regards

Daniel

Hi Igor,

no, earlier.

Entered maybe well before 1848, finished armed service latest in 1870 - no 1870 medal on the bar, maybe already before 1866, as well no cross for the war on his chest.

I would suppose the long service brooch is a 2nd class in silver, means 15 years of active service.

As plenty of NCO?s left after 12 or some more years of service to get a job in the civil life, this guy probably went in service of the court and earned the remaining awards there.

It would be a good thing, if any of the Uniform experts could ID the Uniform.

Best regards

Daniel

Yes, kind of groom! Here a picture of "Dietrich, Sattelmeister des Leibstalls" (saddle master of the imperial stable). Not only the uniform looks quite similar, even the person!?!

btw - very fine painting :love:

With regards, Komtur.