News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Police Reference books

Lets see your German WW2 era police reference books!!

This is my first police related book. I bought it because of my interest in the Luftschutz and related organizations. The book is very comprehensive with a lot of Luftwaffe review. It has over 600 pages of pure information. Many color photos as well!! It will not disappoint.

Bender has a few copies that are "damaged" available for 55 dollars!! Mine was a damaged special that came shrink wrapped from the manufacturer. The damage on mine was the little ding you can see on the corner. He only has a few left, at 55 dollars. If you want a MINT book, they are about 79 dollars.

Book:Die Generale d. W-SS u.d.Polizei I would recommend this series to anyone interested in serious information about the generals of the Waffen SS and the German Police. Volume 3 has been released covering named generals La-Pl. The series Deutschlands Generale und Admirale Teil V is published by Biblio-Verlag * Bissendorf. Each volume includes a complete biography of these generals and most include photographs, and also feature corrections and updates of prior volumes. The German language volumes have high production values.

• 1 month later...

The only period book I have is a 1939 Hoffmann-type photo book (see attached), but the other I recommend is the Bender publication by Angolia/Taylor on Police Organisation and Uniforms, Vol 1. It is about time they brought out Vol. 2!

• 9 months later...

Uniforms Organization and History of the German Police: Vol. 2 By John R. Angolia and Hugh Page Taylor

This is "THE BOOK" that we Polizei Collectors have been waiting for! (Vol. 1 came out way back in 2004.)

Vol. 2 is stated to cover 5 of the major branches of the Polizei organization:

? Protection Police

? Traffic Police

? Municipal Police

? Gendarmerie (including Motorized branch) and

? TeNo / TN - Technical Emergency Corps.

The book will be huge, at 808 pages & 1,083 photos / illustrations. (More to See and More to Learn!)

http://www.bender-publishing.com/Uni...oliceVol2.html

I got a chance to read portions of this book pre-publication. The degree of Detail and Explanation, as well as the depth of previously unknown (unseen) information, and well as historical documentation - is without any comparison. This will soon become 'THE' Reference.

I've got my order in for a couple - (one to Use and one to Archive) - and can't wait for their arrival! ... Txs, Dave/dblmed

Edited by dblmed

Even More New Police Material

I just followed the LINK, and there is also a Uniform Poster taken from a German Police office! It has been reproduced (in Full Color), and looks to me, like it is probably the best identification tool for German Police Uniforms. (No more squinting when looking at those little pictures in the rare to find, DDP Taschenbuch or Soldatenfreund issues.)

This is ALL really great news - in helping to understand the many aspects of the German Police! Hat's off to Roger Bender for bringing new great materials to us as Collectors.

Txs, Dave/dblmed

• 9 months later...

I believe there was an SD periodical (text) with this title. looks like a nice book.

The only period book I have is a 1939 Hoffmann-type photo book (see attached), but the other I recommend is the Bender publication by Angolia/Taylor on Police Organisation and Uniforms, Vol 1. It is about time they brought out Vol. 2!

I believe there was an SD periodical (text) with this title. looks like a nice book.

You mean a separate book within the photo book? I didn't know that, and it was not there when I bought this book! Too bad!