News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

If anyone could ID these unit symbols I would be grateful. Thanks,

Bryan

Hello Bryan

Very interesting photo's. :jumping: I believe that I might have the answer, for two of your photo's. I hope that someone will correct me, if I am wrong. I can't make out the licence plate of the second vehicle. That would confirm if the vehicles belonged to the luftwaffe. The unit insignia looks like a simplified version of the squadron badge, that belonged to Aufklarungs Gruppe 13.

All the best

Snoopy

Navy?

I believe that this vehicle, allso belongs to the Luftwaffe. The unit emblem, looks like a simplified version of the squadron emblem, that belonged to 5./Bordflieger Gruppe 196. From what I can see, the ship is identical.

All the best

Snoopy

I know this sounds a little strange, but the symbol may be similar to one used as a vehicle marking by a Polish unit in the west during WWII......

I can't find my copy of Lt Col Howard Coles "Heraldry In War Formation Badges" to check.

Edited by leigh kitchen

Snoopy,

I belive that you are correct on this one as the ships appear to be identical. Thanks for your help,

Bryan

I believe that this vehicle, allso belongs to the Luftwaffe. The unit emblem, looks like a simplified version of the squadron emblem, that belonged to 5./Bordflieger Gruppe 196. From what I can see, the ship is identical.

All the best

Snoopy