News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

MINT RUSSIAN HORDE EKs

Guest Darrell

I'm sure the story has been told numerous times, but I've never really heard the exact details. Since I own one, does anyone have some brief information like:

1. Where exactly was the "horde" dicovered in Russia?

2. Where there any other items with the EKs?

Even a link to the discussion or the discovery would be welcome. Thanks.

Edited by Darrell

I'm sure the story has been told numerous times (...).

I'm sure of this.... but, as a new comer in the world of the Iron Crosses, I don't know it :(;) !!

Could someone elaborate about this story ? I will try to do my own research... but meanwhile...

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Ch.

Guest Darrell

I'm sure of this.... but, as a new comer in the world of the Iron Crosses, I don't know it :(;) !!

Could someone elaborate about this story ? I will try to do my own research... but meanwhile...

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Ch.

Same here. I dont doubt the story or authenticity of the crosses .. I have one myself. I'd just like to know exactly WHERE in Russia these were found

:jumping:

I am not sure, from what I heard a Russian contacted Weitze and sold him a whole crateful. Some top layers had a bit of damage to the boxes, the lower layers were virgin.... and at the time everyone I knew in germany thought the man was crazy for the high price he was asking for them (Man!!)... little did we know...... what crazy prices would be like nowdays !!!

Guest Darrell

I am not sure, from what I heard a Russian contacted Weitze and sold him a whole crateful. Some top layers had a bit of damage to the boxes, the lower layers were virgin.... and at the time everyone I knew in germany thought the man was crazy for the high price he was asking for them (Man!!)... little did we know...... what crazy prices would be like nowdays !!!

Ahhh ... then it was Herr Weitze who first introduced these to the marketplace? Did he buy the whole works? Or were some sold by others?

Edited by Darrell

I think that's about the going price for one of them. Now someone prove me wrong. :love:

I just moved a minty frosty one from the "Russian" hoard for significantly lower value than that, and paid more for an equivalent Steinhauer. I suppose it depends on which you consider the more desirable.. :rolleyes:

Guest Darrell

I just moved a minty frosty one from the "Russian" hoard for significantly lower value than that, and paid more for an equivalent Steinhauer. I suppose it depends on which you consider the more desirable.. :rolleyes:

Hi Gordon,

Do you know where (exactly) in Russia the horde was "exhumed" so to speak?