News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Research to Major Osipenko recipient of OPW1st class.

Dear Friends.

I would like to share with my Research to Major Vasili Vasilievich Osipienko

Recipient of Order of Patrioyic War 1st Class S/N9847

Once again I would like to ask you gentlemen to help me with translation of this research.

Rick ( koopyetz)will help me topost research and with translation.

Record card

Order book No . A-566772

1. Last name: Osipenko

2. First, middle names: Vasily Vasilyevich

3. Military rank: Major

4. Sex: Male

5. Year of birth: 1916

6. Place of birth: Chernigovskaya oblast, Olshevsky region, village of Sinozhatskoe

7. Party membership since: KPSS since 1942

8. Education: middle

9. Nationality: Ukranian

10. In the Red Army : since 9.1937

Dear Friends.

Once again I would like to ask you gentlemen to help me with translation of this research.

This is the revers of the Order PW1st

Guest Rick Research

11) decorated as = Deputy Battalion Commander for Technical Units, 17th Guards Rifles Division

12) currently = Student at Kazan Military Officers Technical Armored Troops School

13) home address now = Building 7, Military ..... No. 2, city of Kazan

Captain Osipenko was recommended for the award for organizing crossing of the river.

Basically he was in charge of three groups:

First group attacked the enemy and engaged him in combat to shift attention from other two groups.

Second group was building engineering communications to cross the river.

Finannly third group was working on the enemy's minefield, deactivating the mines and preparing path for the Russian troups to attack enemy from other direction.

William

Dear Friends.

Kristof,

PM sent.

Marc

Hmmm...I've seen this award somewhere before. I can't place where though. Have you sent it out for authentication yet? I'm no expert on authenticity, but I'm not a fan of the red enamel (too dark and too rounded), the back of the star (appears to be a dark chemical patina?) and the screwnut plate on the back of the hanger, which appears newer than the rest of the award. Like I said, I'm no expert by any means, so if others are comfortable with it, I will be as well. Just thought I'd throw that out so our friend from Aussie-land doesn't lose on it.

Dave

Hmmm...I've seen this award somewhere before. I can't place where though. Have you sent it out for authentication yet? I'm no expert on authenticity, but I'm not a fan of the red enamel (too dark and too rounded), the back of the star (appears to be a dark chemical patina?) and the screwnut plate on the back of the hanger, which appears newer than the rest of the award. Like I said, I'm no expert by any means, so if others are comfortable with it, I will be as well. Just thought I'd throw that out so our friend from Aussie-land doesn't lose on it.

Dave

Hello.

Yes I send to Alexei.M . I send him better scans. The order was transfer to screwback and back to original suspension. The suspension is not genuine.