News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A totally bombastic frontliner group....

Chris Boonzaier

• 4 years later...

In the background you can see the Pyramid shape of the Main Monument to the Champagne Fighters and Dead, it is on the grunds of the remains of the Navarin Farm. It is the objective taken by Tiffays Regt on the day of the assulat. Of 2200 men who attacked, 1050 were killed. They more or less advanced from the cemetary to the Pyramid, as well as to the left and right of the Pyramid.

This is the Grave of the Regt commander killed on the 25th September 1915, Tiffay retrieved his body under fire and brought it to the rear while under heavy fire...

Wow!... :o My jaw dropped... My shoulders are slumped... I am simply in awe at this INCREDIBLE group and research! It could occupy, on its own, an entire showcase in a museum!

• 8 years later...

Auguste Victor Tiffay enlisted as a volunteer in 1896,

Initially serving in 4e Regiment Infanterie Coloniale and from December 1899-0ctober 1902 he served in New Caledonia

Leaving the Colonial service in 1902

In 1903 he reenlisted back into the 4e Régiment d'infanterie coloniale and passed to the 24e Régiment d'infanterie coloniale and in 1905 passed to the 11e Régiment d'infanterie coloniale in Cochinchine from October 1905 until 1907, he passed to the 22e Regiment Infanterie Coloniale in 1908 then stationed in Madagascar serving from 1908 until 1914.

I found his death entry in the local newspaper but it gives no details of the circumstances

He passed to the 33e Régiment d'infanterie coloniale serving from 1914-1918

He passed to the 13 Régiment d'infanterie coloniale du Maroc from 1919,

He married Alice Eugénie GERARDIN in 1919

leaving the service in 1922 he was given an appointment at the Gironville post office due to his war service

He was also awarded the Order Nichan Iftikhar in 1917.

His wife Alice died in 1928  and  Auguste-Victor died in 1930

135868992_753082308666483_1789168106118952525_n.jpg

decs.PNG

death.JPG

Edited by dante