Is it original from the ear?

Hi Peter

Fake as fake can be!

Do me a favour and post it in the Luftwaffe fake gallery..Ize off ta de land of nod.

Johan,

I am unable to access that part of the forum so I am not able to.

Sorry

Edited by PeterL

• 2 weeks later...

If the last week had got this board shooter badge, I like it quite well, indeed, the flash bundles were sawed off. Always thought it was made only by the manufacturer and not from the bearers same? The badge itself is from a reduction, unfortunately, I have not got the brand and the pictures, they have remained with the family.

What do hold you from the badge ?

Hi Peter,

I took care of it for you - it's now in the Fake Observer database. Hope you don't mind.

ERIC

Not at all Eric. I am just pleased that it will be published as a fake for everyone to see, that helps us all.

Peter

A very good possibility woodeye - it could very well have been done by the recipient. Then again, it could have been issued to him in an already altered state, an earlier Radio Operator/ Air Gunner Badge reissued to a Air Gunner/Bordmechaniker at a later time during the war. Would be very difficult to know positively unless it came straight from the recipient or his family who knew the story behind it.

ERIC ;)

Unfortunately, it also does not know the family, I know only he had the number 77 with the Flieger Sch?tzen Ausbildungsregiment 43 and was already before the war with the air force. My supposition is he had got the badge with flashes before the war lent and because he was a flight engineer or board shooter, he had to remove the flashes from 1942. Because the new badge was given without flashes and the old rentals were not exchanged for new ones.

woodeye