News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

German bar with Austro-Hungarian awards

Guest Rick Research

Numbered as the appear in the posts above

Medal Bar #2-- that is a VERY :love: combination! I cannot remember the last time I saw a medal bar with TWO Austro-Hungarian decorations on it!

Medal Bar #5-- the battle bar "Huolo" was for army personnel in 1901, so this old soldier was called back into the army in 1914. His Austro-Hungarian bravery medal is an old wearing replacement: not real silver, no die cutter's name under the shoulder of the Emperor.

Medal Bar #6: :Cat-Scratch::jumping: Absolutely :love::love: pair, probably to a medical officer. Franz Joseph Order on War Ribbon with X was also given to staff officers and administrativeofficials, but since there is only an Iron Cross, I think he was a doctor.

Medal Bar #8 (in Post #4) what color is the backing material? That one MAY be traceable, if it is NAVY and not army.

Medal Bar #11: very nice bar with the Mecklenbrg-Strelitz Cross.

These are a nice assortment of medal bars! :cheers:

• 1 month later...
    Guest Rick Research

A wartime commissioned Lt or Lt dR. The Austrians authorized bronze Bravery Medals at a lower level than other awards so many a German F?hnrich or Vizefeldwebel got one instead of a small Silver. What's unusual is that he got TWO Hapsburg decorations.

What's unusual is that he got TWO Hapsburg decorations.

I do search in the Austrian military archive and I think, that not less than 20 % awarded with austro-hungarian awards have received not one award.

But it concerns to officers.

For the others two austro-hungarian awards meet seldom.

WOW!

Is that an award roll for the ?M3K?

I see the next research gnome project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers::beer:

Chris

:cheers: It is the general list of compensations for German officers.

But it not one book, and separate folders with very many corrections.

Heavy work... :banger:

Roman

Road trip to Vienna anyone?

Roman, do you have copies of those files? If so, would you share them with us?

I will gladly pay. :jumping:

I do not have time for trips to Vienna.

I should engage the special employee in Russia and to send it on searches to archive.

Which fragment I have resulted lists, copy it is impossible.

Therefore to have to copy lists hands.

I yet have not finished. At me is no more than 30 % of a material but when I will finish list drawing up I will necessarily share.

Edited by Roman Slivin

• 1 month later...
    • 2 months later...
    Guest Rick Research

:love:

There is no way to tell whether the Frackspange with MK2 and HH was an army or navy officer, since those awards are common to both services. But he was probably a Major aD.