German bar with Austro-Hungarian awards

Numbered as the appear in the posts above

Medal Bar #2-- that is a VERY :love: combination! I cannot remember the last time I saw a medal bar with TWO Austro-Hungarian decorations on it!

Medal Bar #5-- the battle bar "Huolo" was for army personnel in 1901, so this old soldier was called back into the army in 1914. His Austro-Hungarian bravery medal is an old wearing replacement: not real silver, no die cutter's name under the shoulder of the Emperor.

Medal Bar #6: :Cat-Scratch::jumping: Absolutely :love::love: pair, probably to a medical officer. Franz Joseph Order on War Ribbon with X was also given to staff officers and administrativeofficials, but since there is only an Iron Cross, I think he was a doctor.

Medal Bar #8 (in Post #4) what color is the backing material? That one MAY be traceable, if it is NAVY and not army.

Medal Bar #11: very nice bar with the Mecklenbrg-Strelitz Cross.

These are a nice assortment of medal bars! :cheers:

• 1 month later...

A wartime commissioned Lt or Lt dR. The Austrians authorized bronze Bravery Medals at a lower level than other awards so many a German F?hnrich or Vizefeldwebel got one instead of a small Silver. What's unusual is that he got TWO Hapsburg decorations.

What's unusual is that he got TWO Hapsburg decorations.

I do search in the Austrian military archive and I think, that not less than 20 % awarded with austro-hungarian awards have received not one award.

But it concerns to officers.

For the others two austro-hungarian awards meet seldom.

WOW!

Is that an award roll for the ?M3K?

I see the next research gnome project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers::beer:

Chris

:cheers: It is the general list of compensations for German officers.

But it not one book, and separate folders with very many corrections.

Heavy work... :banger:

Roman

Road trip to Vienna anyone?

Roman, do you have copies of those files? If so, would you share them with us?

I will gladly pay. :jumping:

I do not have time for trips to Vienna.

I should engage the special employee in Russia and to send it on searches to archive.

Which fragment I have resulted lists, copy it is impossible.

Therefore to have to copy lists hands.

I yet have not finished. At me is no more than 30 % of a material but when I will finish list drawing up I will necessarily share.

Edited by Roman Slivin

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...