News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gents Forgive me as I had an uncontollable urge to buy an enamel. This little bugger was described as a Sports badge. Any one have an example in their collection or seen one before? Reverse is unmarked. Thanks for looking. Regards Robert

Wheightlifting perhaps as evidenced by the legs of the Eagle?

post-730-1208961233.jpg

Hi Robert,

I tried a search as well, but made no progression. Sport related doesn't seem too far fetched (i.e. Deutsches Sport Verein- or Verband), but then again it would be a separate organisation next to the DRL. How about Deutsches Segler Verband?

cheers

Peter

Colleagues Many thanks for your imput. I have been pursuing the Sigler theme. Tiensin is the former name of a city on the coast of PRC. Perhaps this was where an event was held? I investigate furthur and report back. I still can't figure out the stange way the Eagle's legs are designed and its relevance to sailing however. Best regards Robert

Gents Firstly, I want to thank all of the good chaps who helped in the ID of this little badge. This is what I conclude to this point. Tientsin, a city now in the PRC, was occupied by the Japanese in 1937. Of course, Germany being an ally of Japan, had a pysical presence in that city. Along with that presence comes clubs and other organizations. Hence, Deutscher Sport Verein. As for the design, one esteemed member here noted its' distinct deisgn not being your standard German design and suggested it possibly being made by Chinese artists. Now when you see the attaching pin and plate you may agree. Not your standard higher quality set-up. Many thanks to all once again. Robert

post-730-1209559076.jpg

Gents Forgive me as I had an uncontollable urge to buy an enamel. This little bugger was described as a Sports badge. Any one have an example in their collection or seen one before? Reverse is unmarked. Thanks for looking. Regards Robert

Wheightlifting perhaps as evidenced by the legs of the Eagle?

Hello!

Congratulation .

All the best :beer:

Nesredep

• 14 years later...