News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Gents

I got another pic recently although nothing special I would like some ID on the medal or what it is likely to be?

I am pretty sure its a LS medal as when looking through a loupe there appears to be a faint outline of a crown in the centre of the medal.

I dont know what length of service and probably wont but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also I would very much appreciate any help with the translation of the script on the reverse of this card

Cheers guys :cheers:

Guest Rick Research

That's the M1913 Prussian Reserve-Landwehr Decoration 2nd Class (LD2).

He is either wearing the medical insignia on the wrong sleeve or they switched it over to the right once Red Cross armbands were worn during the war?

I am thinking it most resembles the Centenial medal...

I disagree Paul too small and I am sure there is a crown in the centre of the medal

I agree with Rick, LD2.

Thanks for your input though :beer:

The man is:

Sanit?ts-Unteroffizier der Landwehr Biewald from the Prussian City of Elberfeld. His unit is the 4. Landsturm-Reserve for Artillerie-Regiment Nr. 13

At the time Biewald was writing the card his unit was in Strassburg.

Regards, Hardy

The card is addressed to his Friend Karl R?b in Elberfeld. He is hoping that Karl is well and he lets him know that Willy Opladen is with the 3rd Batterie (Artillerie-Regiment Nr. 13)