News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Foreign medal recipients

I know that this might be a stupid question, but is it common for citizens of former Soviet states, still to be awarded russian medals? A couple of days ago, a friend gave me a medal, with what I believe is a ukrainian document.

Snoopy

Guest Rick Research

That was quite normal-- in 1995. I have ONLY seen Russian and Ukrainian issued documents for the common/shared medal, so don't know if there were other Republican-specific paprwork issued.

No idea what was done for the 2005 ones.

This was an OFFICIAL award and not to be confused wth the lunatic vanity trinkets sold since the collapse of the Soviet Union.

That was quite normal-- in 1995. I have ONLY seen Russian and Ukrainian issued documents for the common/shared medal, so don't know if there were other Republican-specific paprwork issued.

No idea what was done for the 2005 ones.

This was an OFFICIAL award and not to be confused wth the lunatic vanity trinkets sold since the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Hello Rick

Thank you very much, for the information. :cheers: I am new to collecting soviet/russian militaria, and I don't read russian, so I am allways full of questions. :blush:

All the best

Snoopy

The same happened with the 1996 Zhukov Medal - I have a Russian, Belarusian and Ukrainian document for this medal.

Hello Rick

Thank you very much, for the information. :cheers: I am new to collecting soviet/russian militaria, and I don't read russian, so I am allways full of questions. :blush:

All the best

Snoopy

Hello Snoopy

Do not experience, we with Rick Research shall help you with translation.

This anniversary medal refers to " 50 years of a victory in Great Patriotic War ".

best regards

Dmitri :cheers:

Edited by SKY MARSHAL

Hello Snoopy

Do not experience, we with Rick Research shall help you with translation.

This medal refers to " 50 years of a victory in Great Patriotic War ".

best regards

Dmitri :cheers:

Hello Dmitri

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it. :beer:

All the best

Snoopy

Hello Dmitri

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it. :beer:

All the best

Snoopy

It was still the case in 2005... I've got a cased medal for 60 years of victory with Ukrainian document that I've received as a gift from a relative in Ukraine. They were awarding them in the spring of 2005 and there was some leftovers... so he was kind enough to think about me! This is why the document is not filled (they were pre-filled and were just missing the awardee name to be entered at the local awarding site).

Edited by matteti

• 2 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

:cheers: Never seen those other Republic issues before, since all my sources were from the Ukraine.

That's a decent fitted box for the 60th anniversary medal. :beer:

Compared to the 'War Veterans badge'..

Wow, that's a great set. I have never seen that one before.

Hmmmmm, I must admit that I have not seen much at all, since I am new to this collecting field. :blush:

Snoopy