News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

RK kvk "20" Weitze?s page

Saw that Weitze got a Rkkvk Zimmermann goldplated...

Sounds that 6000euro is a very "good" price for a goldplated rkkvk!?

Can it be a real rkkvk in gold class or is it a "simple" silver one?

Picture found on Weitzes page:

/peter

I think its an error in the decsription. This is a regular silver Cross. They did have a cased Gold Zimmermann RK a couple of weeks back and there was no doubt the colour was Gold. Can't recall the price but it certainly wasn't 6000 Euro.

The price was ?27,000 from memory but I can't recall that it was a Zimmermann.

I know the guy who bought it and he is very happy with his purchase!

Stan

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these version with swords were never actually awarded where they? I remember reading somewhere that the only RK d. KVK in Gold ever officially bestowed were the versions without swords. The Reichsminister of Transportation (can't think of his name off-hand) was one of the recipients - I think.

Quite correct. There are no known awards of the Gold RK with Swords. Only two awards are known in Gold without Swords, to Karl Otto Sauer and Franz Hahn.

Even here, it is far from certain that they actually physically received the award. More likely they were simply notified that they had been awarded the decoration but never received it before the war ended. (e.g. Hahn's letter notifying him of the award is dated 20 April 1945)

Only two awards are known in Gold without Swords, to Karl Otto Sauer and Franz Hahn.

Even here, it is far from certain that they actually physically received the award. More likely they were simply notified that they had been awarded the decoration but never received it before the war ended. (e.g. Hahn's letter notifying him of the award is dated 20 April 1945)

Only two awarded and perhaps only 2-5 pieces made...must be one of the most rarest awards ever...with the Grand cross and Gold/Oaks/Swords/Brilliants...

/peter