News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

need help with nazi fork

Hello Gang,

I could use help on this one. I picked this fork up a local antique store and am not shure what the nazi logo on it is. The reverse of the fork is stamped bruckmann 90. Anyone have an idea where in Germany this may have come from?

Thanks All :D

Guest Rick Research

That design was used on a tinnie for one of the annual Party Rallies from the 1930s. That's as far as dim memory will take me. Must have been made for the occasion.

The symbol is the the head of Pallas Athene, godess of the arts. First used in 1933 for the first day of German art (15th Oct), it is more usually associated with the opening of the Haus der Deutschen Kunst in Munich on the 16th July 1937.

The badge Rick mentions is the tinnie issued to celebrate the event "Tag der Deutschen Kunst" 16th-18th July 1937.

What the fork is for is anyones guess. Could be cutlery from the cafeteria for the visitors, or , from the celebration meal at the opening (if there was one) or just sold as mementos........

Cheers

Don

Just found out some great info. I did a little internet digging and found an original add for the resturant in the kunst house in the 1937 exhibition catalog. The add says the resturant uses bruckmann dinner ware and shows photos of the fork and other ware. It seems this was a add for the resturant and bruchman. Mystery solved.

Thanks gang for the great leads :cheers:

• 4 months later...
    • 6 months later...

well i got similar problem i got one silver "Bruckmann 90" fork with "kanzlei des fuhrers" writen on it does any one knows how much is it worth?

Edited by asdf