News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

MAJOR NEW FIND! - REICHSARBEITSDIENST DIENSTALTERSLISTEN 1938/1940

• Replies 129
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2940 preuss. I.R. 160. Hptm. Gall Frh. von

In Anerkennung vorzüglicher Dienstleistung vor dem Feinde

8./17.November 1915.

MVK 3. KL (KD)

Thank you Roman, I will add this information to my files.

Edited by Odulf

• 3 months later...

A new portrait arrived in my collection, Generalarbeitsführer Faatz (AG XXV).

Does any one know what tinny he wears (over the Hessen-Darmstadt Krieger-Ehrenzeichen (1917)?

• 2 weeks later...

Who can identify the RAD (General) Arbeitsführer on the left?

The phicture was taken on Sylt; on the right, the Arbeitsführer commanding Arbeitsgruppe 70; could the man with the streched hand be the Generalarbeitsführer Otto Triebel (AG VII)?

That's him. Especially judging from the right hand side pic I am posting. The nose from your picture has a optical illusion that it was broken.

Cheers

Freiherr

Edited by freiherr

Can you provide a better close-up of the Generalarbeitsfuehrer wearing the neck cross? I believe this is neither a PLM nor a RKKVK. To me, it looks rather like an Olympic Decoration 1st class.

(null)

Can you provide a better close-up of the Generalarbeitsfuehrer wearing the neck cross? I believe this is neither a PLM nor a RKKVK. To me, it looks rather like an Olympic Decoration 1st class.

(null)

I hope this is big enough (luckily these German cameras were of astonishing quality, as the original picture measures only 8 x 5 cm)

Thank you for this suggestion, it is an interesting idea, raising the question if any of the RAD top-dogs matches with this decoration.

I have also been pondering about an Asian Order (like Persian or Japanese).

Judging from the photo he wears one star on his shoulder (Oberarbeitsführer, Obergeneralarbeitsführer Honorary-Obergeneralarbeitsführer)

• 6 months later...

Could any of the gentlemen please help to identify this Oberstarbeitsführer?

As he wears his collar patches upside down and with an Austrian ribbon bar, he could be recognized (from an album of Abt. 7/165).

Edited by Odulf

• 7 months later...

Can any one please identify this Generalarbeitsführer (AG X), or is he only an Arbeitsführer (I cannot quite make out the stripes on the breeches).

Edited by Odulf

Guest Rick Research

Just an Arbeitsführer--and a young one at that. Since this is a wartime photo (KVK-Band in his buttonhole) and he's wearing the SA Sports Badge and nothing else pinback, undoubtedly one of the Oberstfeldmeisters in the 1938 DAL. He could have been transferred to his current unit in the years since that issue. I can't read his sleeve shield number.

Most of the top R.A.D. officers--if not pre-1933 Nazis--were very old guys. Too old to have been taken back into the Wehrmacht as 1930s (E) officers. The average 1938 Arbeitsführer (Major) had RETIRED from the Imperial Army in 1920 as a Major and was about 60 and STILL a "Major!" The organizational structure of the Reichs Labor Service was ssuch that full-time personnel seem to have fossilized in rank for very long periods, because there simply weren't spaces to "move up."

• 3 months later...

A very nice photo of Hitler greeting some Generalarbeitsführer at the Reichsparteitag 1935, with Hierl standing next to him.

From right to left:

- Max Prenzel - AG XIII

- Hermann Wagner - AG XVIII

- Eduard Helff - AG XXVIII

- Wilhelm von Alten - AG XV

- Wilhelm Neuerburg - AG XXII (he lost his right arm and so he is greeting with his left arm)

- unidentified

- unidentified Generalarbeitsführer, without the armshield and unlike the others he is wearing his ribbon bars instead of full size gongs.

If any of the members has any furter information or remarks, please share it here.

• 2 weeks later...

What a fantastic picture. The man completely blocked by AH could be Curt FrHr Löffelholz v Colberg or Friedrich zur Loye. Löffenholz would normally be decked out with the silver Wound Badge, EKI and Johanniter in a straight line. zur Loye was always with Oldenburg outfits including his Gau XVI (Oldenburg) and would sport the Friedrich August kreuz and the Anhalt Arbeitsdienst Erinnerungsabzeichen. But unfortunately we could not confirm any of that.

Cheers

Elwyn

• 3 weeks later...