News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgarian Red Banner Order

hello gentlemen, I'd be happy we examine together our red banners and their docs...

here are 2 docs; I suspect the second one o have been forgered. They don't have their right order (numbers do not match, I bought the sets as it is)

this one is more suspect:

the award number has been clearly forgered.

what puzzles me is the nice ink writting: the same on the two booklets.

I've seen other identical handwrittings (differnt style from this one, but all are nice and elegant) on others docs on the net...

thanks a LOT for this Stogieman!

I like it! same stamp, same scale number for the 1955 year... and your red banner has not a serial number? (this is a point which could be forgered and yet happily has been not).

Guest Rick Research

What was this Order actually issued FOR?

Not for combat bravery, like its Soviet namesake.

It doesn't seem to be for simple long service, as so many Soviet-system "decorations"were in the 1950s. The NCO up top might have had years and years of service in, but the young officers can't have gotten theirs for Long Time In.

Wow , Now we soon have a real data base here !! :cheers:

Here is my sole document for an early Red banner To Lt Rodev

Number 5876 and issued in 1955 , the numbers are written in blue ink, but i really looks old and similar to other

written numbers I have. Why they did?nt write the number right away is a mystery? But Stogiemans book is also without number?

Its always like this, a lot of new questions :cheeky:

Christer

And here is the inside, the numbers look better in real life, and they are definitive written with an ink pencil ( not ball-pen)

But when its done is impossible to say, but it looks old when magnified.

I think theese was awarded in Peacetime for helping secure the borders (whatever that means?)

But they are really nice !

I wonder when they stopped giving them numbers??

And how many was awarded ????? :banger:

Hmm a lot to find out

Christer

Guest Rick Research

"Hmm a lot to find out'

THAT is what makes collecting different new things so satisfying, for me. Third Reich? :sleep: Early Days, unknown things? :Cat-Scratch::jumping:

"Hmm a lot to find out'

THAT is what makes collecting different new things so satisfying, for me. Third Reich? :sleep: Early Days, unknown things? :Cat-Scratch::jumping:

well, gentlemen, no more than 3 red banner given on an april 28th, 1955; in the same range number 21-22000, s/n corrected...same handwritting... good or bad???

is that april 28 a specific day (like army day?)

I didn't even catch that... you're correct. Three all on 4/28/55. What happened that would have resulted in multiple awards... I wonder, I wonder!

If the numbers really are sequential we're talking 3000+ awards on one day?!

Guest Rick Research

10th anniversary of 28 April 1945-1955?

Whatever occasion that could have been?

Just think of hundreds of thousands of Soviet awards all on 3 November 1944...

so: is it possible that the Bulgarian Red Banner Order, in 1955, was nothing more than a 10 years service award,before the long service medals were created?

10th anniversary of 28 April 1945-1955?

Whatever occasion that could have been?

Just think of hundreds of thousands of Soviet awards all on 3 November 1944...

so: is it possible that the Bulgarian Red Banner Order, in 1955, was nothing more than a 10 years service award,before the long service medals were created?

Hello : I?ve a Red Flag order, no booklet, but the medal is in good shape with the enemels perfect...and serial number is 11139

It?s possible to date this award???

Miguel

OK, some crawling the web tells us the following interesting facts:

On Saturday April 28, 1945; at the Piazzale Loreto in Milan, Italy; Benito Mussolini and his mistress Clara Petacci were shot and hanged.

But I have been unable to glean anything off the web that relates directly to Bulgaria for April 28, 1945 or 1955 ???

According to Petrov (who is quoting the decree on the page 2 of the book I reckon), the Order of the Red Banner was established on December 13, 1950. It was intended for military officers (Lt. and higher) and civilians for their 'courage, sacrifice and heroism exhibited in wartime'.

The Order could also be conferred upon Bulgarian Army formations and units in wartime.

In peacetime the Order was bestowed for 'particular merit in strengthening the defense power and security of the Peoples' Republic of Bulgaria, as well as for 'unrivaled heroism in securing the states' borders'.

The Order was also bestowed upon the servicemen of allied armies who had taken part in joint military operations with the Bulgarian forces.

The first decoration was awarded to 2nd lt. Nayden Ivanov on March 10, 1951.