News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgarian Red Banner Order

Here's another numbered one, 43762. It would be great if we could get some sort of time line going. Unfortunately, this one has no booklet either.

Stogieman,

I read "13762", not "43762" :rolleyes:

Marc

OK, I can accept that Mark, sorry... working from the scan and the "1" looked like a "4"... Well, that's actually a good thing as 40K plus numbered would be a staggering amount of issues in a very short period of time!!

I have a numbered Red Banner in a group with a Medal for Military Merit/Service. The Red Banner is numbered 8748 and the award date is 10 March 1957. I don't recall if the award number is in the booklet (I don't have it with me, but I want to say it is) - I can check this evening, if it is of any value to this discussion.

OK, some crawling the web tells us the following interesting facts:

On Saturday April 28, 1945; at the Piazzale Loreto in Milan, Italy; Benito Mussolini and his mistress Clara Petacci were shot and hanged.

But I have been unable to glean anything off the web that relates directly to Bulgaria for April 28, 1945 or 1955 ???

Rick,

Maybe the 28th April has something to do with the invasion of Austria?

"The first Bulgarian army 130,000-strong, continued on its march to Hungary. There, between 6 and 19 March 1945, it engaged in epic battles; it drove off the Germans attempting to launch a counter-offensive and then, went on the offensive itself.

By April 1945 First Bulgarian army had entered the territory of Austria. On the day of the capitulation of Nazi Germany, it liberated the town of Klagenfurt. There, the soldiers of First Bulgarian Army and the British Eighth Army established contact".

Regards Eddie

Hi Eddie, I had seen mention that April 28th was the day the Soviets had accomplished a few things, but the web pages didn't mention Bulgarian units. There was heavy fighting around Potsdamm Strasse in Berlin by the Ukrainian Front Army, Also; units of Soviets and the US linked up at the Elbe River..

I didn't even catch that... you're correct. Three all on 4/28/55. What happened that would have resulted in multiple awards... I wonder, I wonder!

If the numbers really are sequential we're talking 3000+ awards on one day?!

Hi everybody. Its not strange that many documents have the same date of award. In Bulgaria it was normal situation that during the year exists some "awarded days". So conserning this red banner documents - the same day means that this awards was given to there recepients on 42855....... :cheers:

Still wonderful. I wonder if ultimately these will be researchable. There must be records somewhere about who received what. The other thing I like very much about the bar is that it is on the plastic holder. Are the ribbons painted on as some of the Soviet awards were done?

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: VERY intresting indeed!

1) VERY low numbered Red Banner

2) :love: custom made painted "ribbons"

3) those are both LATE pattern 9th September Orders!!!!

Other pics of this super bar.

Little victorine for the lovers of Bulgarian communist faleristik:

Who can said - what is the most interesting and rare part in this bar?

Edited by bolgarin