• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I have had 2 OM and 2 Deumers in my collection and think that the Deumer (Juncker parts or pure Deumer) is a prettier badge overall. But I must admit it is hard to beat the curvature of the OM, that swastica comes back through the wreath.

There are some pretty OMs on this thread but ISONZOs has to be the prettiest OM I have ever seen in terms of mint badges! That finish could rival any GWL pilot badge!!!

Gary B

• 3 weeks later...

Three excellent looking pieces there, thanks for sharing. Keepers I would think.

Yep, back down to 3. Always looking for the perfect badge. Absolutely love the three I have now though!

No new pics as the collection and camera are put away, but here are a few.

Yep, back down to 3. Always looking for the perfect badge. Absolutely love the three I have now though!

No new pics as the collection and camera are put away, but here are a few.

Hello!

I always love seen these!! Thanks for showing. :jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping:

All the best :beer:

Nesredep

I remember competing with Mike Kenny for a cased one in what appeared to be near mint condition back around 2001 or so. On ebay before the ban was put into effect. If I remember correctly, Mike got it for around $800. I had the PICS saved at one point, not sure if I still have them but it was original and very nice!

The seller also sold a tunic and then was gone.

Tim

• 9 months later...

Rich wrote :

Langemark also found a grouping at the 2006 Kassel show with a mint OM in the same case but unfortunately the pics are no longer in the thread.

Hello Rich,

I?m sorry that the pictures of the 2006 Kassel show disappeared. Me too, I somewhat disappeared from the militaria world and forum for several months and didn?t notice your comments until now.

So I?m pleased to post again the pictures of the absolutely mint and fabulous ?OM?-marked Luftzeugf?hrer-Abzeichen in original mint case I got at the Kassel show. The badge retains all its original frosting. It is a part of a little grouping having belonged to a soldier who started in the Panzers and later moved to the Luftwaffe !

Marc

On the reverse of the Luftzeugf?hrer-Abzeichen we can read the initials of the pilot : W.G. (Wilhelm Georgens).

I remember that there was also his more commonly seen ?Juncker? Luftzeugf?hrer-Abzeichen for everyday use (without case) in, of course, worn condition but I couldn?t buy all the items ? and had to make a ?difficult choice?. But I think I made the right choice, no ?

Marc

• 7 months later...

Has anyone ever seen an OM pilot/observer?

Hi Colin

Examples have turned up. I've not had one in-hand so can't really comment, but those that have can find nothing wrong with them.

A very rare piece if original.

My apologies to the owner for posting the badge shown below without permission. I think it originally posted by Frank H.

Hi Frank

Many thanks.

Colin

Hi Colin

Examples have turned up. I've not had one in-hand so can't really comment, but those that have can find nothing wrong with them.

My apologies to the owner for posting the badge shown below without permission. I think it originally posted by Frank H.

Hi Colin

Hi John

That is indeed very nice and "Skip" is the owner of the badge.

Cheers

Karsten

Hi John

That is indeed very nice and "Skip" is the owner of the badge.

Cheers

Karsten

Karsten,

I thought I recognised that O.M Pilot/ Observer badge. Skip's badge is the only believable one I know.

Regards,

Stan

Karsten,

I thought I recognised that O.M Pilot/ Observer badge. Skip's badge is the only believable one I know.

Regards,

Stan

Totally agree. Frank´s has this matt finish to the wreath, that makes me a bit unsure, even thus I would not exclude it, it just that Skip´s leaves not doubt at all.

Regards

Karsten

• 1 month later...

Looks very similar to one that sold at Auction in Australia recently, the maker mark was wrong from memory it didn't have the small "." between OM. I am certain it is a copy, and JTW listed it in the fakes section.

And a photo of the back of my OM Pilots Observer,

Regards, Shaneos3

Here's the maker mark of the OM in question...

Looks very similar to one that sold at Auction in Australia recently, the maker mark was wrong from memory it didn't have the small "." between OM. I am certain it is a copy, and JTW listed it in the fakes section.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have to say that I agree with Mr. Calvert here on Shane's badge, the obverse and reverse details looks soft to me. The eagles face and chest feathers are not as distinct as on original OMs in my opinion. Also, the reverse edges seem to lack the hand filing that is characteristic of badges by this maker.

Tom