News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Komtur,

I was very seriously considering a bid on this bar and a few other items in this auction; but events at home sidetracked me.

I like this bar but that ?gold? Carl Olga medal bothers me for two reasons. First, I can not find any evidence of a gold

class to this medal (only silver and bronze). The second thing is that the red cross on the ?gold? medal looks, for lack of a

better word, funny. Now, maybe it was damaged when the medal was gilded.

Of course there is the picture of the recipient wearing this bar which indicates that it is legitimate... customized medal and all.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

P.S. Personally, the Carl Olga medal is among my favorites. They have a unique and relatively complex construction; and every

one I have seen has been very well struck, very crisp.

Edited by Wild Card

@VtwinVince

It cames from Hermann Historica.

@Wild Card

So I am glad that events "sidetracked you", but hope these were not to bad... :o

No question, besides the connection to a medical person, the two Karl-Olga-Medals forces me, to bid on this bar and the paper belonging to the bar.

Here some more of it:

Edited by Komtur

Guest Rick Research

No NAME to go with these?

You cannot hope for BETTER period proof than exact, precise, deatiled photos like these matching every wrinkle and fold of the medal bar being worn.

:jumping::jumping::jumping::cheers:

No NAME to go with these?

You cannot hope for BETTER period proof than exact, precise, deatiled photos like these matching every wrinkle and fold of the medal bar being worn.

:jumping::jumping::jumping::cheers:

That was exactly was I thought, when I decided to bid on this :rolleyes:

And here is the name:

...so really a mix up in the sequence of those two medals?!

Yes, and another example for mistakes made in the old times. We do not know why, but if we hadn?t the pics and the papers, would we trust this bar ;) ?

Best regards, Komtur.

Perhaps he has simply gilded his bronze medal and "promoted" himself? Per materials and construction. I'd say spot-on perfect, period bar even without the benefit of the photograph. Congratulations.

Hi Stogieman,

I am not sure as to exactly what you mean when you say ?similar?; but in checking Eric?s main photo archives, I am not finding any bars with a Carl-Olga medal. Of course these records do not reflect his entire collection. If I find anything in the miscellaneous records, I will post it.

@Komtur,

Thank you for the kind words (post #6), all is back on track now. It is a relief to know that you got this fantastic bar - it has a good home. :beer:

Wild Card

@VtwinVince

It cames from Hermann Historica.

@Wild Card

So I am glad that events "sidetracked you", but hope these were not to bad... :o

No question, besides the connection to a medical person, the two Karl-Olga-Medals forces me, to bid on this bar and the paper belonging to the bar.

Here some more of it:

In the old photos the cross on the extreme left (right of the wearer), is a Charlotte cross???

Miguel

In the old photos the cross on the extreme left (right of the wearer), is a Charlotte cross???

Miguel

Yes, it seems to be a Charlottenkreuz, but unfortunately it was not in the lot. As to be seen on the pic, this cross was single mounted.

Regards, Komtur.

• 2 weeks later...