News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Little one medal victory over Germany

I'm not convinced. The Poles would have had to set up a mint for this. I think we may be looking at a fantasy piece. I think its highly unlikely that we wouldn't have encountered one of these before, particularly for a relatively common award.

Having said that it does appear to be very well made, and I'd take a chance at the right price!

Germans have a long history of miniatures to be worn on lapel pin or civilian suit.

Of course, the US has them also. These are mine.

Yes. The (Imperial) Germans were probably the most prolific with regard to miniatures. Imperial Russian examples exist; but I am not sure as to exactly what their official status was. They were, and still are, quite popular with the British as well.

Hallo,

yes, that include the document they! I have the set in eBay for approximately 20 - ? bought.

Is that edition an official USSR? Thank you for the interest!!!!

Many greetingses of Alex

Hi Big Alex,

Welcome to the Forum!!! :jumping:

Is this still the mini-medal cooresponding to this doc, awarded to a Polish guy, Gzheshik, Frants Voitekhovich ?

Cheers.

Ch.

Edited by Big Alex

(...)

Many greetingses of Alex

In my opinion, it is not an "official edition" of the USSR. But, as none of us seems to have seen one of these before, the mystery remains total... Interesting piece. :cheers:

Cheers.

Ch.

Hallo,

yes, that include the document they! I have the set in eBay for approximately 20 - ? bought.

Many greetingses of Alex

Big Alex,

The Soviet did not mint miniatures. I have seen some miniatures of Soviet medals (usually campaign ones and Victory over Germany) apparently with 2 sources of origin: Poland and Czechoslovakia, where it was/is customary to wear miniatures.

The medal itself seems OK to me, I have seen before this type of ring made up by bending a piece of protruding metal. Just to confirm, could you please post a scan of the back, and give us information as to the manufacturing of the medallion (struck/cast).

Marc

Unusual.

Souval made some Soviet awards during the Austrian occupation. I am having a vague recollection of a Soviet collection displayed in "Antique Arms and Militaria" magazine published @ 30 years ago with some of these. In those days Soviet awards were REALLY rare and expensive.

• 1 month later...

Big Alex,

The Soviet did not mint miniatures. I have seen some miniatures of Soviet medals (usually campaign ones and Victory over Germany) apparently with 2 sources of origin: Poland and Czechoslovakia, where it was/is customary to wear miniatures.

The medal itself seems OK to me, I have seen before this type of ring made up by bending a piece of protruding metal. Just to confirm, could you please post a scan of the back, and give us information as to the manufacturing of the medallion (struck/cast).

Marc

Some Russian Minis from what time period, I have no idea.

Kevin in Deva :cheers:

• 5 years later...