News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

URGENT ! About St.Stanislaus Breast Star

Ruby

Dear Friends ,

I need urgent information about ; As I know Eduard and Keibal (Sometimes IL)

put the hallmarks to the St.Stanislaus and many other Imperial Orders.

My question is , Which period did the Original St.Stanislaus Breast Stars , which doesnt

have any hallmarks or stamps on them made? Who made them ? I have a 90mm best of best workship

St.Stanislaus Breast star , without any hallmarks. Does it make before Eduard and Keibel ? ,

Also the style of the star is not like period custom made ones, exactly like Eduard ones.

Any help will be appreciate ,

Thanks in advance,

Ruby

Hi,

theres a beautiful Eduard SS Star for sale right now on Collect Russia site.

Lots og good pics of exatly what to look for in a 1900 1910 issue.

Keibel issue pieces were mainly the same in dimensions.

except thiese were a bit flatter in style the Eduard pieces were higher in the center.

There were other makers outside of Russia some marked some not.

Please post pictures of your piece someone may be able to help id maker

I'm not a silver expert but I think russia hallmarked all there pieces.

George

There were other makers outside of Russia some marked some not.

I'm not a silver expert but I think russia hallmarked all there pieces.

George

I'm in Tbilisi right now. I'm told that the "branch studios" of the Moscow and St. Pete masters hallmarked and proofed their silver and gold pieces made here. However, the local masters generally did not use a master's mark. I can't document this except to say that I have seen examples that seem to support it.

I'm bringing back some very nice Imperial items as well as some very early Soviet things and some war-era and mid-era Soviet as well. I hope to share when I return but when that might be is a little bit up on the air. Sometime between 1-12 more weeks is the best I can guess. And no, my darlin' wife is not happy about that.

My favorite thing so far is a cased (but I think a recently made case) detailed silver Maxim machinegun with a 1916 presentation plaque from the Battle of Dolangez Fort. I believe (but cannot document) that this was a battle on the Turkish Front. If anyone can point me to information on this subject I would be grateful.

Chuck

Dear Friends ,

I need urgent information about ; As I know Eduard and Keibal (Sometimes IL)

put the hallmarks to the St.Stanislaus and many other Imperial Orders.

My question is , Which period did the Original St.Stanislaus Breast Stars , which doesnt

have any hallmarks or stamps on them made? Who made them ? I have a 90mm best of best workship

St.Stanislaus Breast star , without any hallmarks. Does it make before Eduard and Keibel ? ,

Also the style of the star is not like period custom made ones, exactly like Eduard ones.

Any help will be appreciate ,

Thanks in advance,

Ruby

[/quote

Hello Ruby

As says George, all breast stars of russian manufacture have markings.

Could it be possible to get a picture ?

I have 3 SS models of Edouard stars : before & after 1908 plus a bronze model of war time, I could give all dimensions.

Rgds

Pavel