News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Fabulous PLM, "in my father'e collection since 1948"

Uh-Huh... that's what the add says. Nice images, feel free to place them in your files...

Under.....

COPY

:rolleyes:

Stogieman,

For those of us not well (or not at all!) versed in German imperial awards (or even in German awards in general), could you please give a few pointer as to what makes this piece an obvious fake.

Marc

"in my fathers collection since 1948"

Yes - the infamous Spanish copy.

Perhaps he meant to say "in my fathers collection since 19:48 pm"

Edited by Biro

Hello all:

Just another example of why one should "purchase the item" and NOT "the story". Another piece of garbage! It is amazing how many "genuine" PLM's are for sale on Ebay throughout the year.

It will be funny if a genuine piece does actually come up for sale on Ebay someday (unlikely, but possible)!

Best regards,

"SPM"

:lol::lol:

Hey Stogieman...I don?t know that in Spain we are Known ( apart for the "Paella" and "Bullfighting") for medal?s fakes.... :cheeky:

One never ends to know new things...

Regards

Miguel

PS/ By the way...of Knowledge....what?s the thing in this cross that make so obvious the forgery

Hey Stogieman...I don?t know that in Spain we are Known ( apart for the "Paella" and "Bullfighting") for medal?s fakes.... :cheeky:

One never ends to know new things...

Regards

Miguel

PS/ By the way...of Knowledge....what?s the thing in this cross that make so obvious the forgery

Miguel,

There are several differences, but the most obvious ones are all part of the way the eagles appear. This particular copy/fake has tail feathers that are evenly spaced, and the spaces between the eagles' legs and tail feathers aren't open. (Some people have these spots cut open.) Other details about the shape of the eagle's heads, shape of the wings, the way the feet/talons look, feather patterns and so on are all different from the wartime originals.

The cross itself tends to look like originals, but the differences are less obvious.

In the case of this particular copy, it is now well known and has been flooding the market over the last ten years. The eagles are distinctive enough, along with other features that it's an easily spotted fake once you compare it to an original piece.

Les

Hi Marc, the best advice I cangive on distinguishing these many, many copies circulating would be to visit Andreas Shulze-Ising's informative website. medalnet.com. Click on the link for "various articles. there's two very good articles regarding the typology of known original crosses. If the cross does not match the ones shown, it's a copy.