News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Camouflaged helmet relic

This is a M-35 helmet relic, that I allmost gave away for free, because I thought that it was in to bad a condition. Luckily, I never did, because the helmet has grown on me. It is camouflaged in brown and green, and has traces of winther camouflage. It was found in Norway, and I bought it very cheap, in an antique shop.

Snoopy

Do you think that I should do something about the rust, or should I leave it as it is?

Snoopy,

Generally speaking, it is better to leave a piece alone as it is and not mess with it.

Now, that being said, I'd personally would probably wipe the inside of this helmet with olive oil.

Marc

Snoopy,

Generally speaking, it is better to leave a piece alone as it is and not mess with it.

Now, that being said, I'd personally would probably wipe the inside of this helmet with olive oil.

Marc

Hello Marc

Thank you very much, and I will follow your advice. :cheers:

All the best

Snoopy

Snoopy,

Marc

Hello!

I agree,use olive oil. :jumping::jumping::jumping:

Regards

Nesredep

• 2 weeks later...

I have been wondering, if I wipe only the inside of the shell, whouldn't that make a noticable difference to the finish of the helmet? Just wondering. :blush:

All the best

Snoopy

Hello!

Yes. :jumping::jumping::jumping:

All the best :beer:

Nesredep

• 2 weeks later...

The 'Target practice helmet is very nice. It's interesting to see how many rounds sis not penetrate, but as mentioned above the 'black stain sort of implies that someoone may have been wearing it when one made it through..

I actually do not think that the black stain, is blood. I have seen this discoloration in other leather liners allso. It might perhaps be sweat. None of the bullets went through, and only one of the bullets have created a crack. I believe that they have probably used a revolver with lead bullets. It does not look like the work of a full metal jacket. It was not uncommon to use german helmets, for target practice.

All the best

Snoopy