News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This one looked very interresting so I bought it - but I have no idea what for exactly it is. A Bavarian in the Imperial navy, a Prussian to get the Bavarian, and is it rather a MVO4 than a MVK2? What for is that blue ribbon?! I think that is a difficult one without the medal bar...

:speechless:

PS:

any more information someone comes to mind with the other stuff in this thread? Thanks in advance for any help. =)

Edited by saschaw

Guest Rick Research

Last one is easy. It's a Prussian with the Bavarian Kriegsverdienst ribbon MVK2X or MVO4X and some Prussian long service. But LD2? LD1? XXV? XV? Who knows.

These ribbon bars are too troublesome. I think you should stop worrying (it makes your hair turn gray) and send them all to me. :catjava:

Mh yes, thanks. That's as far as I came, hoped we could precise this. Apparently we cannot and this is why I dont's like this buttons that much, I really prefer bars. That's again a rather nice and rare one but again, as my two matching 8 place buttons with MVO3aX or MVK1aX we don't know much about them... =(

How about that one? Prussian Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen or Red Eagle order 4, or is that Hamburg?! Followed by Baden long service or anything else? He does have another long service in last place... oooh, I get lost in all my ribbon stuff... :(

:speechless:

Guest Rick Research

:love: wartime bar with the flat "popsicle stick" pin. I would think a General Decoration because of the Baden long service ribbon. He had some sort of double service, so his foreign Prussian stuff is tucked on the end. maybe an IX and LD2 or some such combination...

an old soldier from baden in Reichs civil service (Alsace-Lorraine?) who wasn't home in 1902 for the Baden jubilee?

I guess we both :love: wartime bars.

:rolleyes:

Thanks, I think that makes the sense I couldn't come to with it. The Baden 1902 medal was not given to any soldier but only to the elderly served (think those who yet had 8 or 9 years of service). It doesn't seem he had and though "qualified" in 1897 for the Prussian "Erinnerungsmedaille" - this is quite common, many soldiers/NCOs missed the Baden 1902 medal due to some years of service. But: any Baden officer in service got it, no matter if he was in Baden at that point or was "anywhere" in the Reich! ;)

• 5 years later...

Now a five place bar, similar "international" to the second one. Once more war time I think, and from the needle system made by Godet - riiight? rolleyes.gif

The combination of war time awards, amung these the SEHO 3aX suggests a higher ranking officer, leaving out his pre war awards? Tell me if you think I'm wrong... wink.gif

In details, it's

- Preu?en, Eisernes Kreuz 1914 II. Klasse;

- Hessen, Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen wohl "F?r Tapferkeit";

- Anhalt, Friedrich-Kreuz;

- S?chsische Herzogt?mer, Ernestinischer Hausorden, Ritterkreuz I. Klasse mit Schwertern;

- Braunschweig, Kriegsverdienstkreuz II. Klasse.

Are there certain units more likey to have gotten a Anhalt Friedrich Cross and a Braunschweig cross together?

Thanks

Chris

Are there certain units more likey to have gotten a Anhalt Friedrich Cross and a Braunschweig cross together?

Thanks

Chris

The only infantry unit with contingents from both Anhalt and Braunschweig was Landwehr-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 93. It was formed on 2.8.15 by IV.Armeekorps with two Landsturm battalions, one from Bernburg and one from Altenburg. Landw.Brig.Ers.Btl. Nr. 38, a Hannoverian/Braunschweig battalion, joined LIR 93 on 7.7.16 as III/LIR 93.

But an Anhaltiner serving in a Braunschweig regiment, or vice versa, might be more likely. Or an Anhaltiner in the Zieten'sche Husaren, since Duke Ernst August awarded the BrK2 to his old regiment as if it were a native Braunschweig regiment.

Dave

• 3 years later...
    On 3/21/2014 at 11:25, Dave Danner said:

The only infantry unit with contingents from both Anhalt and Braunschweig was Landwehr-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 93. It was formed on 2.8.15 by IV.Armeekorps with two Landsturm battalions, one from Bernburg and one from Altenburg. Landw.Brig.Ers.Btl. Nr. 38, a Hannoverian/Braunschweig battalion, joined LIR 93 on 7.7.16 as III/LIR 93.

But an Anhaltiner serving in a Braunschweig regiment, or vice versa, might be more likely. Or an Anhaltiner in the Zieten'sche Husaren, since Duke Ernst August awarded the BrK2 to his old regiment as if it were a native Braunschweig regiment.

Dave

Hi,

Revisiting an old topic to correct/supplement what I wrote above. Having compiled the entire Anhalt rolls, I would say that the combination with Anhalt, Braunschweig and a Saxon Duchy most likely points to a staff officer with the Magdeburg-based IV.Armeekorps.  All of Anhalt belonged with the IV.AK area, as did most of Sachsen-Altenburg, and IR 93 and IR 153 belonged to the same division. The Duchy of Braunschweig had several exclaves in the IV.AK area, most notably Blankenburg am Harz, where II./IR 165 was garrisoned.