Here is a photo of an officer with a very nice ribbon bar (note the Hohenzollern device).

Christophe

:Cat-Scratch: Oho!!! has this Oberst got regimental numbers on his shoulder boards? Unless killed, he must have made General-- it is so early in the war he has no Spange to his EK1 yet.

Also, notice the VERY unusual "enlisted men's" style collar. Oh yes, it is as WIDE as officers' collars are, but it is lying down flat and not upright with hooks at the throat the way normal officer tunics were tailored.

Gotcha :jumping:

Oberst Kurt Lange, later Generalmajor.

Received during the WW1, both iron crosses, knight cross with X of the house order of Hohenzollern and black wound badge. He served in the I.R. Nr. 149 during WW1.

Christophe

Hi,

A couple of new ones that came in over the last week. Thanks for any info on these guys,

Bryan

Next up we have a unknown General with the PLM and Oakleaves

He is Heye. Interresting photo with a little ribbon bar.

Christophe

Oberstleutnant Boettcher received during the WW1 the following medals

EK2 : iron cross 2nd class

EK1 : iron cross 1st class

KO4 (before the war) : crown order 4th class

HH : Hamburg Hanseaten cross

MK2 : Mecklemburg Schwerin cross for merit 2nd class

TH : Turkish Halfmoon

BO5 : Bulgarian military merit order 5th class

Christophe

The 5th ribbon on the ribbon bar seems to be the same than this one.

Christophe

Ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you NEED to get an Epson scanner for great big GIANT scans!

Herrmann (yes, 2-rs) Boettcher (1884- alive 1956) ended up as a Generalleutnant, and was the last Commandant of Glatz in 1945. Spent 10 years in Soviet captivity.

Thyat LOOKS like a Baltic CRoss ribbon next to last on his bar, and bizarrely, a 1919 K?rnten Cross in final place! :speechless1: We recently saw a ribbon bar with that AUSTRIAN "Freikorps" award on it for a GERMAN and I didn't see how that could have been possible. Boettcher-- if you only had an Epson to make a scan the width of the monitor screen, would indicate that there were OTHER Germans :Cat-Scratch::speechless1: tarrying on the South Slav border rather than going HOME in 1919.

Very very weird!

OR it could be one of Bermont-Avalov's funny awards, in white-red-blue. I just have not seen enough of either in old photos to guess, with color changes to black and white.

Here is another photo of General Heye with big ribbon bar

Christophe

Hello friends.

What do you think about the breast stars on this portrait of Generaloberst Heye? I can identify Otoman Osmanieh Order and Bulgarian Military Merit Order (Grand Officer), but I don't know what is the star at the bottom. Maybe Spanish Military Merit Order?

4b61784d3191aa0db8538d3c2e51a4b7o.jpg