Yevgeny Khaldei Exhibition in Berlin

Hello Bryan,

I also expect to be in Berlin for a couple of days in a few weeks; and although my dance card is filling up rapidly, I would like to get a look at this exhibit. Is there any indication as to where it is being shown?

Thank you for the information, :cheers:

Wild Card

Edited by Wild Card

An interesting exhibition, I have the book "The Russian War" which includes many photo's of soviet wartime photographers including numerous ones by Yevgeni

attached the man himself from the book

regards

Alex K

Edited by Alex K

As precised in the small website of the exhibition, "The exhibition will be supported by a catalogue in German of 196 pages. The texts will primarily focus on extrapolating the tension between documentary photography, propaganda and artistic photography in Khaldei?s work. Further aspects will be his relation to Stalin, the obstruction of his work due to his Jewish background, and the comparison with the works of other contemporaneous Russian photographers. "

Ch.

Hi Wild Card,

The exhibition is located in the Martin Gropius Bau, close to the Potsdamer Platz.

See the link below :

http://www.berlinerfestspiele.de/de/aktuel...u/mgb_start.php

Cheers.

Ch.

Hello Christophe,

Thank you for this information. This is especially good news as the exhibit is a very short walk from my hotel. No excuse to miss it now!

Again, thank you and best wishes, :beer:

Wild Card

• 3 weeks later...

Gentlemen,

I had the good fortune to visit this exhibit last week and would

recommend it to anyone who is interested in Soviet history. It

is well presented and very informative.

Most of us are familiar with at least some of Chaldej?s photos.

It is nice to learn the story of the man and the stories behind

many of his photos as well. Do make an effort to see it.

Thank you again, Christophe, :beer:

Wild Card

Hi Wild Card,

Funny enough... I was also there last week. I visited it last Friday. I have taken a few pics that I will post later.

Most of the pics shown in the exhibition can be found in Khaldei's book 'From Moscow to Berlin".

A very good book dedicated to pics of the red flag displayed on the top pf the Reichstag has recently been published : "Das Banner des Sieges".

Cheers.

Ch.