News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello everyone:

A Bavarian Military Medical Order 2nd Class was offered recently in the Hermann Historica Auction No. 54 as lot number 5082. The reserve for the piece is ?3.500. The piece did not sell and is still listed as available for purchase.

Amazingly enough, on Ebay.de, there is a seller selling the same item! He has at least stolen the photo anyway as it is the same one!

Look here:

Sanitaets-Tapferkeits-Orden-Bayern (see posts below)

The seller had offered this "item" before, but the highest-bidder did not pay (he must have discovered that Hermann Historica has the item and not just the photos like this fellow).

To have fun, someone should ask the seller for a nice close-up of the edge of the cross (I bet he can't produce it!).

Maybe this fellow owns the piece and consigned it to Hermann Historica, or maybe he is an agent of the auction-house, but I doubt it.

Caveat Emptor!

"SPM"

And guess what! Another outstanding item offered by this seller!

Orginal-7er-Ordensspang (see posts below)

This looks sort of like a photo from an auction catalogue?????

Remember, a few months ago when a fellow was selling only the photo of an item (in fine print), but made it appear that he was selling a group, etc. It seems to me that the format and strategy used by this fellow is very similar!

Someone should ask for detailed photos of this group and the reverse too (just for fun).

Does anyone know which auction this photograph was taken from?

This person is starting to annoy me greatly.

I once discovered a seller on eBay who were selling 'short', i.e. selling items that he would afterwards buy cheaper and pass on to the buyer.

Turned out the 'seller' had visited a dealer and seen a box of orders that the dealer hadn't had the time to display or promote. The 'seller' asked if he could take pictures of the orders 'for personal use'.

Then he put the pictures on eBay without owning the items. He put a reserve price on them a bit higher than the dealer's prices, so he wouldn't lose money on the auctions.

Still as fraudulent as your guy, and when I made the dealer aware of it, he decided never to sell anything to him ever.

Not sure if your guy is doing the same since he hasn't put a reserve price on them? Maybe he is not very bright? :D

/Mike

No, he cannot do the same. The medal bar in the second auction is from Hermann Historica too, but was sold years ago. By the way, this picture was used by the earlier guy SPM mentioned too...

:speechless:

I once discovered a seller on eBay who were selling 'short', i.e. selling items that he would afterwards buy cheaper and pass on to the buyer.

/Mike

A few years ago, a fellow collector bought a couple of pieces from me during the first day of the OMSA convention, promising to pay me later. On the last day, a couple of hours before closing, he returned the pieces, telling me that he had changed his mind. So there, I had lost the opportunity to perhaps sell them to someone else; but worse, I then found out that during the course of the convention, this person was trying to sell these pieces to other collectors, at marked up prices, of course. :angry:

Another lesson learned from Eric Ludvigsen - ?Don?t ever trust that guy?. :shame::violent:

Also:

The seller offers a "lifetime guarantee". If he deals with the wrong folks, and if they are defrauded, they may terminate early his obligation to guarantee an item.

Yes SPM - a dangerous game to be playing in these times. :shame:

Hello folks:

Guess what?

The same group is for "sale" again. This time, the individual is a different seller in the UK. They state that they are selling it again due to previous non-payment. They also offer a "lifetime" guarantee.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

"SPM"

05/20/08

Hello everyone:

As pointed out by an astute GMIC member, it is possible that someone has pirated/highjacked the Ebay.de link for this item which leads to a false Ebay sign-in page (DO NOT FILL THIS OUT as it is probably a phishing scheme!).

I have removed the link!

"SPM"

Edited by Schie?platzmeister

If you go from the German ebay site to this auction you will automatically be redirected to an "ebay" page where you should sign in...

If have checked the link by whois.org and see what came out:

Domain Name:secure171-ebay.com

Registrant:

Haiwei Sun

NO.13,Zhongshan street,Guiyang City GuiZhou Province

Administrative Contact:

SunHaiwei

Haiwei Sun

Guiyang Guizhou 550001

CN

tel: 851 4355128

fax: 851 4355128

pengxiongjun2@163.com

Technical Contact:

SunHaiwei

Haiwei Sun

Guiyang Guizhou 550001

CN

tel: 4355128

fax: 4355128

pengxiongjun2@163.com

Billing Contact:

SunHaiwei

Haiwei Sun

Guiyang Guizhou 550001

CN

tel: 4355128

fax: 4355128

pengxiongjun2@163.com

Registration Date: 2008-04-15

Update Date: 2008-04-17

Expiration Date: 2009-04-15

Primary DNS: ns1.gamingworlds126.com

Secondary DNS: ns2.gamingworlds126.com

Hello everyone:

As it turns out, the problem was not with the GMIC website, but may be with Ebay.de itself. If someone looks directly at these items on Ebay.de, the possible phishing sign-in prompt appears.

I have advised Ebay. Lets see what they do. :sleep:

"SPM"

Hello again:

I just recently checked the domain to which folks are re-directed and it is now possibly: secure161-ebay.com

According to Whois, the information for the domain owner is the same as shown for "secure171-ebay.com" by jaeger7

It really does appear as though someone possibly pirated/highjacked Ebay.de for a phishing scheme. But, I will wait and see what Ebay says.

In the meantime, I would suggest that you do not sign in on any Ebay sign-in prompts while on Ebay.de unless you have gone to their usual sign-in prompt yourself.

An interesting world in which we live!

"SPM"

Hello again:

I still have not yet received a response from Ebay, but the group has disappeared from the Ebay listings. Shortly before it was removed, the possible "phishing" sign-in page stopped working.

It seems as though Ebay may have removed the item.

Hopefully, the criminals that are offering these items (which they do not own), are "phishing" for Ebay user account passwords, and are possibly highjacking legitimate Ebay accounts will go away.

Thanks again to jaeger7 for bringing the problem to our attention!

Best regards,

"SPM"