News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

25mm japanese artillery shell with a surprise

cabbell2207

Hello Gang,

While survaying my local antique shop, i noticed a Japanese artillery shell for sale. The shell aws resonably priced and in pretty good shape, so i parted with some hard earned cash and went home a happy shopper. Later that night i decided to give a light cleaning and doing so i unscrewed the fuze. Inside the round was a paper rolled up, after fishing it out i noticed it was torn into four pieces. Here is what the paper says. "Pursuiant to provisions of war Department memo W/370-3-43, 22 July 1943, and of the headquarters, USAF(FE? cant make out) circulation No.21, 5 March 194(cant make date out) the bearer F.S. Szostak Pvt 15018023 of the certificate is entilted to retain in his posession or to mail the following captured enemy equiptment. 2 Jap 25mm Shells disarmed----

Phillip A. Hooper

Lt. Col., Cavalry

Executive Officer

U.S. Forces, Apo 323

The capture paper was in very bad shape and very hard to read, but i wanted to share this exciting find with all of you :cheers:

• 1 year later...
    Guest Rick Research

Even better it didn't go :unsure:

BOOM

:speechless1:

We are STILL getting, at least once every year, somewhere in the regional TV range, a report of live Japanese grenades being found in basements, usually tucked up on the cement foundations and long forgotten by often long moved away veterans.

Glad you didn't end up in an emergency ward! :catjava: :cheeky: