News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

the problem is that you HAVE TO write it because of the EU-rights for private salery.........

Quite true, but isn't it only Germany that sticks to those rules, the rest of the EU (or most of it) probably doesn't know or care about that ruling. Also an easy way out for the dodgy seller.

Tony

Hallo Heiko, I understand the law that was passed.... but I see just as many people who guarantee authenticity.....

Take a close look nat the "enamel" on that observer badge..... Oh yeah, that's real all right....

We have to seperate 2 things here.....

1. You have to use this phrase if you want to sell something on ebay germany and you are a private person and a private seller because of the EU-laws..... otherwise if you don`t use this term you MAYBE can get some problems if a buyer wants to return a bought thing - because a dealer has to offer a return policy on every item, not only for authenticy but also on other things like the right size, or you don`t like the colour or the toaster heats only up to 97 degrees and not to 100...... you are able to return everything when you buy it from a dealer - thats law....

on one side good but on the other not so good for a private seller that offers a old book he found in a box under a chair in the garage of his neighbors cat....if you know what I mean... :rolleyes: Maybe he gets an Euro or two - he will have much more costs when it comes to a return problem than he made profit - so he uses this phrase and has not to return it, bought as seen, like it happens on a fleemarket.....

BUT

2. That has (for me) nothing to do with the guarantee on the authenticy of a item - if you say it is original and it is not - you should take it back. That has for me nothing to do with the EU-laws........

If someone sells a badge, you can`t return it only because of you don`t like it ...................... BUT OF COURSE I would return it if it is a fake!!! or has a big damage that was not said in the auction description.....

In my eyes two different cases....

Yes, Heiko makes here some correct points. The funny thing is some private sellers don't know that and think they're out of the thing when they're damn fakes are sold, but _that_ is actually still the same as it was before and you should get them returned anyway. As I said, you *should*. It's much sh*t happening these days...

:violent: