News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A Novice Collection of Yugoslav Awards

Gentlemen,

Further to my cataloguing of my long forgotten Yugoslav collection - I detail below what I have. All of these were purchased during 1990-4 as a side line to my main focus on Arab awards and indeed were collecting dust. Prices where noted are in Canadian dollars when the C$ was substantially weaker than it is now. I have no idea what they are worth now but I suspect that as the bulk of these awards are commonplace that an insurance value would be most modest.

Thanks for your interest - this particular site on the GMIC is quite a revelation - I have a lot to do to get up to speed on these awards - perhaps I should stick with Arabia!

Kind regards,

Owain

(Listing originally posted as a spreashseet and subsequently amended)

Awards of the Republic of Yugoslavia Award Grade / Type Cost ManufactureRibbon, etc.

Order of Bravery 1st Type (No.5651) C$116 Soviet issue Pentangular ribbon & 2nd Type (No.11359) C$36 Pentangular ribbon

Partisan Decoration1st Type C$86 Screwback with washer & 2nd Type (No.16537) C$151 IKOM Zagreb Screwback

Order of the Partisan Star (Number engraved/scratched) 3rd Class (No.7183) STOLPNJE Screwback - bronze & lettering in cyrrillic script - possibly incorrect screw

Order of National Merit 3rd Class (No.80345) IKOM Zagreb Screwback

Order of Brotherhood & Unity 2nd Class (No.57656) IKOM Zagreb Screwback - 5 flames

Order of Labour (Work) 1st Class (No.1217) C$75 IKOM Zagreb Screwback - 2 screws & 2nd Class ZNB-KOVNICA Pin back & 3rd Class ZNB-KOVNICA Pin back

Order of the People's Army 3rd Class Pin back

Order of Military Merit 3rd Class Pin back

Medal of Bravery 1st Type C$91 Soviet issue Pentangular ribbon & 2nd Type C$27 Pentangular ribbon

Medal of National Merit Bronze C$12 Pentangular ribbon

Medal of Labour (Work) Bronze C$25 Pentangular ribbon

Medal of Military Merit Bronze C$20 Triangular ribbon

Medal of Distinguished Service Bronze C$12 Triangular ribbon

1941-45 War Medal Silvered Small horizontal ribbon

1951 10th Army Anniversary Bnze/Gilt C$31 Triangular ribbon

1961 20th Army Anniversary Bnze/Gilt C$11 Triangular ribbon

1971 30th Army Anniversary Bnze/Gilt C$21 Triangular ribbon

1981 40th Army Anniversary Bnze/Gilt C$15 Triangular ribbon

1991 50th Army Anniversary Bnze/Gilt C$31 Triangular ribbon

Reservists Medal Bronze C$16 No ribbon

1975 30th Anniversary of 1945 Victory Bronze C$10 Triangular ribbon

1945-6 Dunav Bridge Medal Bronze/gilt C$201 Screwback to vertical ribbon (green-black-green possibly incorrect ribbon) - screwback lettering in cyrillic script

Marksman / Shooting Medal Gilt Triangular ribbon

Pohoroja Partisan Hospital Medal Enamel brooch ribbon

Yugoslavia Serbia Red Cross 1st Class Gilt ZIN-KOVNICA Horizontal brooch susp. & 2nd Class Silvered ZIN-KOVNICA Horizontal brooch susp.

Yugoslavia Slovenia Partisan Medal Bronze (No.2895) Horizontal brooch susp.

Yugoslavia 1988 Serbia 70th Anniv. of WW1Gilt Triangular ribbon

Edited by oamotme

I also attach image of the obverse of the Dunav Bridge Medal. I think the suspension is correct but not sure. The ribbon is incorrect and I believe is the Soviet Liberation of Belgrade ribbon. The reverse of the 'nut' has * E (Reversed). H. b. * and KOVNICA in cyrillic script.

Owain