News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

LdH

Eric Stahlhut

• Replies 67
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulation again and again !

On the ring is again a "faisceau de licteurs" which seems slightly different from the one you showed on the Restauration model.

But anyway, it is also used between 1809 and 1819. This is an undiscutable proof of authenticity of this rare 3rd Type.

Usually, there are no other marks on the 1st Empire models.

The second proof, is that the centers are in two parts. The circle is a piece and the bottom with Napoleon face another. Moreover, there are no ribbons at the bottom.

All that show it is a pure 3rd Type of the 1st Empire (but you know that before) ... of which a lot of collectors dream to have... :speechless:

Thank you for sharing your pics, it is not usual to see this kind of model.

This is a head of eagle on the ribbon. So, it is gold.

On the ring is the manufacturer mark. I do not know who exactly. :banger:

Do you authorize me to use your pic on another French forum to attempt to identify the goldsmith ?

but of course!

but first i must thank you on behalf of myself and anyone who views this thread for your concise and highly informative tutorial on these examples. it is greatly appreciated!

i have one more item for you to inspect--the mark on my order of the reunion, which is posted on the napoleonic section of this forum. i have attempted to capture an image of the very tiny proof mark which is located on the reverse.. i figured you would be interested in this one as well.

again, many thanks :cheers:

Edited by Eric Stahlhut

And now the Ordre de la R?union :cool:

Do you really want to kill me?

In this case this is a head of cock, proof for gold between 1809 and 1819. The head of eagle appeared later in 1838 up to nowadays... I answered in the proper post of Napoleonic era.

Edited by Bison

Eric

non_id12.jpg

The hallmark on the ring of your commander belongs to Ouizille & Lemoine. This is a "V", a crown and a "L" (This stand for Victor Lemoine). The "L" is missing, that is why I had a doubt yesterday night.

Ouizille & Lemoine is one of the most famous manufacturer of LdH. It is also one of the most ancient, founded in 1789 in Paris, place Dauphine.

During the Second Empire, this company was located in Paris rue Saint Honor? close to the famous Place Vend?me, where the greatest jewellers are still installed.

For the wedding of Napol?on the Third, Ouizille & Lemoine took part to the creation of the Imperial crown, and many other jewels for the Empress. They were also appointed to be the official producer of the LdH for the Emperor...

Your commander is really a fantastic jewel ! :love:

whew! i'm very glad you were able to identify the mark, as everything is back in storage (and i accidentally deleted the additional pics from my camera). :speechless:

i hope you had a good time figuring out the marks-- i wish i had further examples for you to inspect, but what you have seen is pretty much the extent of what i have as far as french items are concerned.

:beer:

• 1 year later...

hello all,

i have been extremely busy as of late and unfortunately haven't had time to do much collecting. however, i had this piece fall into my lap a few months ago. here is my latest addition to my modest collection of french items.

i believe this to be a type VII knight's grade from the reign of louis philippe (1830-1848). it measures 46mm x 75mm