News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I dont have the pics anymore... but I did have the documents to this combination of awards (not the real medals pictured).

Interesting thing was... the days calculated for the General assault badge were not counted for the 2 luftwaffe combat badges and the Heer badge was not recognised in his Milit?rpass or Soldbuch.....

It may be, but what surprised me was... his combat days for the GAB were for support with 2 cm flak in Infantry/Anti partisan operations in a forest in Russia... was awarded the GAB for this.

IF the Ground Cbt was to replace it, it should just have been exchanged?

But the cbt days for his Luft Ground Cbt were extra/different days.... almost as if they had said "those other three dont count...."

The GAB was awarded by the army in his case.

I wish I had kept copies of the docs...

As I see it, the soldier had good reason to wear both badges because of the non-overlapping actions, even if it was not regulation. By the books, he should have turned in his Heer GAB when the Luft GAB was instituted. I wonder if the actions would have been totalled, however, if he got close enough to qualifying for a numbered GAB?

Regards,

Kevin

I have never seen the two combat badges worn together either, but I think that there is a possiblity that someone was wearing them as pictured.

Do you remember if he was assigned to flak units his entire time in service, or was he transferred to a Field Division unit?