News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

D.D.R. HANS BEIMLER BADGE,

Recently on Ebay:-

Seller Blurb:

DDR , GERMANY , YOUTH COMMUNIST UNION , HANS BEIMLER BADGE, ORIGINAL.

Hans Beimler (July 1895 in Munich, Germany-1 December 1936 in Madrid, Spain).

He was an active member of the German Communist Party and a deputy in the Reichstag (institution).

A fervent anti-Nazi, he had been locked up in Dachau in April 1933, but managed to escape in May 1933 and ultimately went to Spain. He fought in the the Spanish Civil War and the Thalmann Centuria.

He was killed in action during the Battle of Madrid.

He wrote an account of his experiences at Dachau which appeared in the Soviet Union in August 1933:

Im M?rderlager Dachau: Vier Wochen unter den braunen Banditen, Verlagsgenossenschaft ausl?ndischer Arbeiter in der UdSSR, Moscow and Leningrad, 1933.

It was one of the very first published accounts of life inside a Nazi concentration camp and was translated into several languages, including English, Spanish and French.

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

If you want one, there are about a dozen 5 miles from me and they are cheap. Lots of Soviet ribbons too.

Hans Biemlers' grandson is the Producer of 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' as well as other Hollywood projects. He has had some walk ons in other SciFi stuff (notably the New and very good, 'Battlestar Gallactica".

• 5 months later...

If you want one, there are about a dozen 5 miles from me and they are cheap. Lots of Soviet ribbons too.

Hans Biemlers' grandson is the Producer of 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' as well as other Hollywood projects. He has had some walk ons in other SciFi stuff (notably the New and very good, 'Battlestar Gallactica".

and not surprisingly, he does collect anything with his grandfather's name on it .... well, and his own name ... :rolleyes: guess what it is? I have sold him a couple of interesting Hans Beimler memorabilia and he always get first refusal on any new Hans Beimler items I get in ... :cheers: Cheers, Torsten.