News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Born 1891. Bavarian Pionier Bn 1

Leutnant 1913 vorpatentiert (after war started probably) 29.10.12

Oberleutnant 17.1.17

EK1,2, BMV4X, MK2. ,--- odd, that last, suggesting long war service under Bav Inf Rgt 21 (?).

to Reichsheer

Hauptmann 1.1.23 #2

In 1924 Commander 13. (MW)/IR 20.

Gone by 1928-- ? dead, ? gone to Lipetsk? Gone to China?

Not an army or air force General, and I can't sort him out among potential later non-General no 1st name Wachters since his branch of service may have changed.

Wachter was kdr.14/I.R.20 in 1926, aD in 1927 see Spires listing of discharged bavarian officers in Appendix 7.

As can be seen below, Hauptmann Wachter retired on 28 February 1927.

Regards

Glenn

I have no idea who or what "Spires" is.

Rick,

David N. Spires authored "Image and Reality, the making of the German Officer, 1921-1933", published by Greenwood Press 1984. It deals with officer selection, training, promotions, retirements etc.

Regards

Glenn

Rick,

David N. Spires authored "Image and Reality, the making of the German Officer, 1921-1933", published by Greenwood Press 1984. It deals with officer selection, training, promotions, retirements etc.

Regards

Glenn

Yup- that's it.

Most useful for the "secret 1920s officers assigned to airforce training" etc. lists.

Interestingly there is an obit. in 1930 on the NY Times listing that may be him. I refuse to pay the $5 so can't see the whole thing. He was young to have been aD.

Edited by Ulsterman

Guest Rick Research

Missed that one completely-- and 1984 was about my Peak Year in the Golden Age. :(