News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

... at the West Springfield, MA Gun & Militaria show today there was a well-known dealer from Connecticut displaying a rather large "collection" of Honored Employee Badges for sale..... Very high quality copy badges and documents. It was interesting as there was a NKVD, KGB, MVD and others.... each with a document. Every single document was the same universal "aged" brownish paper inside, same dull, brick-red covers, same printing/writing inside....... Now, I'm thinking the probability of that having happened way back when is pretty slim.... I fear for the novice collector.

I'm sorry, no working camera with me.....

... at the West Springfield, MA Gun & Militaria show today there was a well-known dealer from Connecticut displaying a rather large "collection" of Honored Employee Badges for sale..... Very high quality copy badges and documents.

Were they being sold as authentic, or as copies?

Given the source, I did not bother to ask. They have a long history of offering questionable pieces.

However Soviet pieces are a newer arena for them.... usually it's just fake WW2 German... now they're into fake Soviet as well. You know what they say... Diversify or die.

Given the source, I did not bother to ask. They have a long history of offering questionable pieces.

However Soviet pieces are a newer arena for them.... usually it's just fake WW2 German... now they're into fake Soviet as well. You know what they say... Diversify or die.

Ouch. :lol:

Could someone please provide some less cryptic clues for those of us not overly knowledgeable as to the identity of this dealer.

Marc

Ouch. :lol:

Could this be the same source that had problems with the FBI a few years back?Perhaps, one "Well known to the East Coast collecting community"? on eBay?

Perhaps whose name rhymes with "Snider" (the rifle).

Could this be the same source that had problems with the FBI a few years back?Perhaps, one "Well known to the East Coast collecting community"? on eBay?

Perhaps whose name rhymes with "Snider" (the rifle).

??? :unsure:

??? :unsure:

Lapa - If you look on USA Ebay - you will know who it is..... the quote about reputation was in all his listings. Dont know if if he is still selling on Ebay or not... but not a good reputation :rolleyes: