3. Rank: Private

4. Sex: Male

5. Birthyear: 1900

6. Birthplace: Nemirov Oblast, Tonanskii Region

7. Party Membership: n/a

8. Education: elementary

9. Nationality: Russian

10. Service in the Red Army: 1919-1923 and 1941-1945

11. Place of service and duty position at time of awarding: 149 Guards Rifle Regiment, 49 Guards Rifle Division - Rifleman

12. Place of service and duty position at the current time: Akmolinskaya Oblast, Stalin Region, Alekseev Forestry Reserve

13. Home of Record: Kazakh SSR, Akmolinskaya Oblast, Stalin Region, Alekseev Forestry Reserve

14. Awards

Award Serial Number Awarder

Glory III 244.963 49 Guards Rifle Division dated 2.1.45

Victory over Germany Medal Edict dated 9.5.45

Capture of Budapest Medal Edict dated 9.6.45

Verified 15 August 1947

2. Award Citation

Award Sheet

1. Last name, name, and patrionymic: Korchuganov, Pavel Semenovich

2. Rank: Guards Private

3. Duty position: Rifleman - 4 Company, 2 Battalion, 149 Guards Rifle Regiment, 49 Guards Kherson Red Banner Order of Suvorov Rifle Division

Application for the Order of Glory III Class

4. Birthyear: 1898

5. Nationality: Russian

6. Time in the Red Army: since 23 September 1941

7. Party membership: n/a

8. Participation in combat: since 15 October 1941

9. Wounds or contusions: thrice 15.11.41, 10.1.42, and 5.6.43 - still in unit

10. Earlier Awards: n/a

11. Inducted by: Stalin Regional Military Commissariat, Akmolinskaya Oblast

12. Home of record: Akmolinskaya Oblast, Stalin Region, Alekseev Forest Reserve - wife: Elizaveta Ivanovna Korchuganova

Short description of personal combat feat or service

Comrade Korchuganov was the first of his platoon to rush into an enemy trench line in fighting for the village of Chovanka (Hungary) on 25 December 1944 and in close combat killed seven enemy soldiers and captured two.

Additionally on this day while repelling an enemy counterattack, Comrade Korchuganov killed four enemy soldiers with his assigned weapon.

Signed Commander, 149 Guards Rifle Regiment, Guards Colonel Tyurin on 31 December 1944

Awarded the Order of Glory III Class by Order 01-N of the 49 Guards Rifle Division dated 2 JAN 45.

Edited by ANZAC